47: Official

Song:

- We are young // Fun feat. Janelle Monáe

Focusing on the first half of the chapter.

Chapter 47: Official

Luna*

My heart just exploded. Or ovaries.
I can't really tell.

I responded instantly by moving my hands into Ace's hair and pulling him closer to me, I could feel him smile against my lips.

The rain, the people, the place faded around us so it was just us in the moment. Only us. There were sparks around us and the electricity travelled from where our lips met and throughout my body.

My fingers became tangled in his hair and tugged at it which made him groan then it was my turn to smile. I wanted the emotion that I felt to last forever but alas, we humans have to breathe.

We pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other while breathing heavily.

"Well it's about damn time!" We heard it coming from the porch.

Not a surprise to see that it was our friends either holding up cameras or holding up drinks.

Neither of us tried to tell them to shut up because it was true. It was about damn time.

Our breath was fogged up in the still pouring rain and our chests rising up and down, so much that I was afraid of him hearing the loud beating of my heart.

"Here." Ace took off his camo jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Thanks but you didn't need to."

"I do, plus we look like we are matching now." He smirked.

Ace wrapped his arm around me and guided us back to Dean's house.

"Hmm? Where did they go?" Dean pretended not to see us.

I waved my middle finger around him and said in a ghostly voice, "Oooooh, a floating finger."

"Ha ha." Dean fake laughed then pushed my finger away.

"Let's go get some drinks." Ace suggested and we agreed so they all walked in except for Noah and I.

"You coming in?" Noah asked.

"Yeah but first," I hugged him, "Thank you."

He hugged me back, "It's no problem lil sis."

I stayed quiet for a few seconds, "What do you think mom and dad would think of us now?"

My brother looked at me then beamed, "Probably, What the hell? These are our children?"

"No seriously!" I giggled.

"Hmmm, that we have come a long way from pillow fights and trick or treating."

"Yes, yes we have."

***

"Jacob get off the counter!"

"Jason stop sliding down the stairs!"

"I swear, Taylor, don't you dare put that in your mouth!"

"Someone get Raven off the fridge!"

"Stop chewing that Lucas!"

"Seriously Noah, how many times have I told you to stop farting next to the food!"