Chapter 13

They look too good together.... let's be honest.
Here's an update guys. This chapter is kinda short (I'm sorry) but I promise that the next one will be longer!!!
WARNING: there is major sexual tension in this chapter. You've been warned :P

~~~

Alessandro

What the f*ck happened?

One moment, Eva and I were speaking calmly and sharing a peaceful conversation, and then the next moment, her mood shifted and she completely blew up on me.

The way she barked at me and spoke as though she had the upper-hand... it was something that I could never accept in anybody else, but when it was from her mouth, somehow I let it slide.

But damn, she made me feel like complete and utter sh*t.

I was guilty. So guilty for saying those words. And I didn't even mean to be ignorant against her own pain; I was just trying to warn her.

But now I've already hurt her — already done what I feared I'd do.

And there wasn't any way of turning back the time.

"What's going on?" A frantic male voice spoke from behind me.

When I looked over my shoulder, I saw Leon with his face scrunched up in confusion. But I couldn't bear to explain anything to him; I couldn't bear to explain anything to anyone.

"It's fine. Just get back to your work." I told him with my hands brushing the subject away with a gesture.

He raised his eyebrow and sighed at my stubbornness.

"I f*cked up," I said with a careless shrug. "There's nothing else to it."

We both made our way into the kitchen and I grabbed an icy bottle of water from the fridge, sipping it and feeling calm as the cold liquid rushed through my system.

"It doesn't matter anyway," I told him, closing the fridge door. "I can't be assed with the stress."

The truth was, it was killing me inside to know that I had hurt Eva.

So f*cking much and I hated it.

I hated the effect that she had on me. The way a few harsh words from her mouth could shake my world. Make me feel like this.

"What did you say?" He questioned, leaning against a chair and looking at me expectantly.

"We were just speaking and I said that my life was worse than hers. It was worded wrong and she took it as an offence I guess." I told him, sipping another gulp of water and swallowing it all in one.

I raked my fingers through my hair with my free-hand and let out a long sigh. What was she doing to me?

The maids suddenly began to pile into the kitchen, assigned their jobs like cooking, cleaning and sorting things out. I didn't want to speak about Eva around other people; their nosiness made me weary. I didn't trust anybody except my very closest men. Even some of the men that worked for me didn't know about certain parts of my business.