16.

Monday..

Riley

"How was A.C?" My mom asked, coming into my room.

"It was fun." I smiled and she nodded, sitting on my bed.

"This was you and Amaru's first Valentine's Day together." She said.

"Well, not together but yeah.." I trailed off.

"Did he do anything special?" She asked.

"He got me that bear and breakfast." I told her.

"He's special.." I trailed off, smiling.

"He makes me so happy mom." I smiled, shaking my head as she looked at me.

"I'm so happy for the two of you, we've been waiting for this for so long." She admitted.

My phone then buzzed, indicating I had a text and I looked down at it to see who it was.

Bestie🤪: iMessage

"Change that damn contact name." My mom said, getting up and walking out.

I laughed to myself, picking up my phone and opening the message.

Bestie🤪: Come outside.

I got up excitedly, taking off my pajamas, putting on some tights, an oversized hoodie and some Ugg's. I made my way down the stairs and passed my mom.

"Mo-" I started.

"I know, go ahead." She cut me off, flagging me.

I smiled, realizing Amaru and I being together everyday was becoming noticeable to the people around us. We'd be together everyday when we were just best friends but I guess since we're "dating" now, people are starting to notice our attachment to one another.

I grabbed my keys from the key holder and I made my way out the door. I saw Amaru's car parked right in front of my house. I walked towards his car and he leaned over to open my door.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, getting inside.

"I wanted to see you." He said, looking at me.

"I was with you the entire weekend." I said, pretending that I wasn't happy he was here.

"That wasn't enough time." He shook his head.

"I wanted to see you too." I said, grabbing his hand and he smiled.

"Why weren't you in school?" I asked.

"I was too tired." He admitted.

"Well, why didn't you text me or call me today?" I asked.

I hadn't spoken to him today at all, other than him texting me good morning this morning. He wasn't in school either, that's why I was so uppity to see him.

"I was busy." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"With what?" I asked.