48 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝒻 𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈

ғᴏᴜʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
════════════════════

Hoseok hugged his aunt one last time

Hoseok hugged his aunt one last time. He took the couple seconds he had left, to appreciate the chance he was given to live. She pulled away, and rubbed his cheek.

"I'll be okay."

A tear slipped from her eye, and Hoseok's face went pale.

"But know, if I don't come back, it's to save my people."

She nodded, letting go of his sweating hand. He grabbed his shoulder bag, and walked out the doors to the restaurant. He was now surrounded by a sandy path.

                 » » »

"We need to move South."

I grabbed his arm, slightly pulling him back.

"We need to wait for Jungkook."

His eyes grew angry. "El, we have no time."

"Please."

"I'm sorry."

When Jimin made his decision, it was final. You couldn't pay him enough to back out. I silently followed him through the trees.

"What's the point?"

He slightly turned his head. "Point of what?"

"The point of hiding. They're going to find us anyways."

He shook his head, and continued to walk. "They won't find us."

"Okay, let's say they don't find us. Then we will have to live our lives in a jungle?"

He abruptly turned, halting me to a stop. "I'm doing this for you. I'm saving your life. The least you could say is thank you."

I narrowed my eyes. "They're out to kill you Jimin. You, not me."

"Yeah, and how are they gonna get to me? They're gonna use my most prized possessions, so you'd be dead anyways."

"I was surviving just fine without you."

He scoffed. "Oh cmon El. You almost gave our spot away trying to build a fire."

I clenched my fists. "At least I'm not leaving our people behind to die."

He turned and chuckled, before facing me again. "They're not my damn people."

I took a step back, and got a good look at him. "Then you're a coward."

                 » » »

"Move out."