LX. Old Wounds

~~~~~~~~Relationships are all about compromises, sacrifice and communication

~~~~~~~~
Relationships are all about compromises, sacrifice and communication.
~
//Few minutes later//
[Rowan's Pov]

Now inside of my bedroom, Roy came back from the bathroom and seemed to have finally gotten himself together. Little did he know, he wasn't the only one who had a bad dream tonight.

I had one about losing him completely. Wether he moved on and was happily married with kids or he was gunned down right before I could tell him how much I missed him deep down. I think up above is trying to tell us something if we both had those types of dreams tonight. It was really opening my eyes...

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm good" he replied, sitting on the right side of the bed next to me. "You know I hate crying like that but the dream I had just really got to me...."

"Tell me about it..."

He chuckled firstly and rubbed the back of his head, something that he tends to do when he's nervous. "Well it started off by um– *clears throat*....I was having a threesome with you and my ex Brandi–". ...smh🤦🏽‍♀️

"Hmm" I said in a sarcastic hum. Very interesting.

"So me and you were making love as usual then shit just started getting weird. Brandi cursed me out when you two were giving me head and then you yelled at me for not protecting you well enough. Then you teleported all the way across the....whatever and Terrance, Ta'Joe, Frisco, Marcus and Mike had you. I saw them beat and rape you but Brandi had me hostage. Finally I was able to get up but each of them did something to break you down. Once I got close enough,....Mike killed you right in front of me as you looked up for help. I couldn't save you..."

After his words, he looked away and wiped his eyes again.

"Wow..., I'm sorry you had to go through that. That was a bad dream. But...I'm not dead okay, I'm alive and well and all of those niggas are either dead or long gone Roy. So don't worry about that shit anymore, you...saved me already" I reassured him with a hand on his shoulder.

He nodded his head but still failed to turn around to me. From that moment on, I can tell that I really meant a lot to this man. He always got so.....emotional when assholes caused me significant harm. It was very....heart warming to know that my well being mattered to him so much. That I was unconditionally loved.

"I had a bad dream too tonight. You were taken away from me and I couldn't do anything about it. I let you go and....you either met the woman of your dreams or you were gunned down. I cried so badly once I saw you on that table. It was painful to see you in that situation, knowing how much of a bitch I've been since I left Oakland. It was just a rough night for the both of us..."

"Yeah..." He agreed.

"I just...–I just don't want that to happen to us, Royal. Like I really don't. I know I might give you the cold shoulder sometimes but–...I would never want to be without you" I told him, letting my feelings get the best to me again. ...just the thought of him and I never to see or be together again scared me. I admit that.