12

Eloise was not looking forward to meeting the rest of Charlie's family

Eloise was not looking forward to meeting the rest of Charlie's family. She had a busy week, and a busy month to come, and here she was finding time for Sunday dinner. She didn't mind, not really, but the thought of meeting her friend's mum made her terribly anxious for some reason.

Saturday night Eloise found herself up late finishing a few oak wands, and she was in a good rhythm and hadn't wanted to quit just because it was nearing two in the morning. So she stayed up, and the following morning she would pay.

A loud tapping noise woke her from her slumber. She groaned, lifting her head off of the rough surface of the workbench she had fallen asleep on. When she stretched, her bones cracked, and she cringed at the noise.

Spinning around, she found the source of the sound. An owl was at her window, rapping at the pane of glass and managing to look impatient. She hurried over, wincing as the sensation of pins and needles struck her sleeping feet.

She took the letter the owl held out for her, trading it for a treat from the jar she kept on her windowsill. She recognized it as Keira's owl, and she furrowed her brow.

Skimming it, she tried not to become upset. Eloise probably should have suspected that this was Keira's plan all along. While she had good intentions, Eloise couldn't help the twinge of annoyance that overcame her.

Keira had cancelled last minute, claiming that a last minute emergency practice was keeping her from attending. Eloise knew this wasn't the case, it was just a plan to get Charlie and her to spend more time together, but honestly!

Balling the letter up and tossing it on her bench wryly, she glanced down at her watch.

"Sweet Merlin!" she cried. She couldn't remember how late she had stayed up, but she had managed to sleep in until a quarter till one as a result! She had about fifteen minutes to get ready and floo over to the Burrow!

She sprinted out of the room and bound up the steps to her apartment, magically locking the door behind her, and ran into her room as quickly as she could. She had spent her afternoon break the day prior tidying up, so thankfully there were some clean clothes in her wardrobe for once.

She threw on a sundress, wondering if she would be overdressed then quickly disregarding the thought, deciding that she wouldn't have time to come up with anything better. She tore a brush through her messy hair and grimaced at the wood shavings stuck to her cheek before brushing them away. Charming her teeth clean and slipping on her ballet flats, she couldn't help but wish she had time for a shower.

Eloise hurried out into the living room, checking her watch again, and sighing in relief. Ready with five minutes to spare! she thought smugly. She smirked to herself for a moment before remembering where she was headed.

Dear Rowena Ravenclaw, she was going to meet the Weasleys.

She stepped into the fireplace, throwing down the floo powder and shakily proclaiming, "The Burrow."