Chapter 75: In God's Eyes

"Some say I have no direction. That I'm a lightspeed distraction. But that's a kneejerk reaction. Still this is the final frontier. Everything is so clear. To my destiny I steer. This life in the stars is all I've ever known. Stars and stardust and infinite space is my only home,"

"Can we turn this off," M/n complained

"Come on, it's Mr. Universe," D/n whined as he lightly hit his hand against the steering wheel, "He's great,"

"Please... Just turn it off," M/n teared up as she used a tissue to dab her eyes

"Fine," D/n sighed as he pressed the eject button on the CD player, "Put in whatever you want,"

M/n sighed as she looked behind her to see her beautiful child sitting in their car seat, snot dripping down their nose, "How are you doing, Y/n?"

"My nose is runny," Y/n complained

"I know honey, you'll feel be better soon," M/n assured

"This day has no business being so... Beautiful," D/n sighed as he glanced at the surroundings passing him by at 73 miles per hour

"Can I have a tissue?" Y/n asked

"Of course..." M/n mumbled as she grabbed a tissue from the pack in her lap and held it near Y/n, "Here you go,"

"Can you hold it?" Y/n asked

"Sure, sweetie," M/n sighed as she twisted herself around the seat and leaned towards Y/n so her hand was in Y/n's face.

Y/n leaned forward and place their nose in the tissue and blew as hard as they could, pulling back soon after, "Thank you, mommy,"

"You're welcome, sweetie," M/n said in almost a whisper

"Can you put in another CD?" D/n asked in an irritated tone, "...Please?"

"Right..." M/n mumbled as she reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a CD, "Here, David Bowie,"

"We already listened to that..." D/n said as he kept his eyes on the road, "...Put it in,"

M/n opened the case and placed the CD into the slot and waited as the disc spun, soon playing a new song, "Ground Control to Major Tom... Ground Control to Major Tom"

"Take your protein pills and put your helmet on," Y/n sang along from the back

"We're almost here," D/n told as they passed by a "Welcome to Beach City" sign

"What are we gonna do with Y/n...?" M/n whispered, "They shouldn't be... They don't need to know. They're too young..."

"There's a beach right in front of the Fry Shop, they can play there and we can still watch 'em from inside," D/n told

"Does that sound good, Y/n?" M/n asked as she turned around, "You wanna play on the beach?"

"Yeah!" Y/n smiled

"Good," M/n smiled back

"Alright," D/n groaned as he turned the steering wheel and drove into a nearby parking lot, "We're here,"

"Finally," M/n said as she opened the passenger door and walked to the back door and opened it, "Ready, honey?"

"Mhm!" Y/n nodded as they tried to unbuckle their seatbelt

"Let me help you," M/n laughed a bit as she leaned in and pressed the release, freeing Y/n from the car seat

"Thank you!" Y/n cheered as they crawled out of the seat and out the door of the car, "Can I get my bathing suit?"