Chapter 10

-

For about two months Jeongguk has been having Taehyung hang out with him and his friends. He didn't mind it as he wasn't lonely anymore but since the male has continually hung out with them during lunch, his bullies' beatings had shifted.

They get to him whenever he's by himself or after school. Because of that, they can't get to him every day so when they do, the beating is unbearable for the poor boy. The beatings have gotten so unbearable that by the time the three have satisfied themselves, Taehyung was barely conscious.

He would often pass out causing him to stay out really late or miss classes. His father would become pissed whether he stayed out or got a call from the school. Those two things caused him to beat the young boy and everytime he got in trouble, the beating only got worse and worse.

Having so many beating tired him and now with the panic attacks that have been showing up, his energy was completely drained. He hadn't been able to get even an hour of sleep due to the pain and soreness of his body keeping him awake. Everything was too much all at once and he had grown really weak.

Due to that, he often fell when walking. Either his legs would randomly give out or he passed out for a few seconds.

The others noticed the change in the boy and they began to grow worried. During lunch he wasn't talking as much anymore, he wouldn't even reply with any movements and he wouldn't bother to touch his food. He would just sit there spacing out.

He wouldn't hear when anyone was talking to him. They had to shake him to get his attention and even then he didn't look like he was paying attention to them. Even though his eyes were on them it's like his head was somewhere else.

Jeongguk wasn't sure what was going on. He has no idea where Taehyung's bullies were or what they were doing. How can he help the other when he doesn't even know what's happening and as for home, he doesn't know what his life is like at home.

He couldn't do anything to help as the other still refused to tell him anything. He was so scared that something was going to happen to the boy sooner or later.

-

"Have you been eating at all?" The worried male asked, seeing as the other had gotten thinner. If he keeps this up he'll soon become a walking skeleton. "Tae." he shook the male. "Did you hear me?"

"Oh," The male said with no emotion in his voice and he sounded so dazed. "I'm sorry." his voice came out bit raspy as if he was losing it. He was definitely exhausted.

It had been a while since Jeongguk had heard his voice and to finally be able to hear it only for it to sound like that was upsetting.

"Tae." he sighed. "What's going on?" he said in a small voice.

He was growing more upset every day. If Taehyung would just tell him what was wrong he wouldn't be so stressed over him. He wouldn't have to think "what if" about him. He wouldn't have to wake up every school day thinking 'Is he going to be okay today?'.

Jeongguk quickly stood up and grabbed Taehyung hand. "Come on," he said.

Taehyung was oblivious to what was happening. He had no idea what Jeongguk was doing or what he had just did. His head was somewhere else until the pain shot through his sore body as he was pulled up and tugged in the opposite direction of the school. That's when the realization hit him.

"W-where are we going?" he began to panic. He can't miss school. His father will get angry. He has to go, he has to.

"My house. You could use some rest."

"N-no. I can't miss school." he tried to pull his hand away from Jeongguk's. "I have to go to school. I can't miss. He'll be angry." tears began to fill his eyes.

Who is he?

"Please, Jeongguk." he felt the tears roll down his cheeks. "Please," he said quietly.

The other felt bad. He didn't want to force it out of him but what else could he do. The male was getting thinner and paler. He wasn't trying to eat and he wasn't trying to get help. If he keeps this up, who knows what'll happen.

He pulled the other into a hug and rubbed his back as he let him cry onto his shoulder. He didn't want to make the other male cry but he needed at least something from him even if it was something small.

"I'm sorry," Jeongguk whispered as he tightened the hug. "I just didn't know what to do. You're worrying me to no end," he told him. "You might not see it but we're worried about you. We have no idea what's going on and whatever is happening it's obviously hurting you."

"I know I said I'd wait for you to tell me when you're ready but it's taking to long. It's taking way to long." he pulled away from the hug and lifted Taehyung's head making him look at him. "What about the promise we made? It's getting out of hand. If you keep this up who knows if you'll even be around to tell me. You might not even be here anymore."

Taehyung looks down at the ground, tears still streaming down his face.

"Taehyung," Jeongguk said sternly. "Tell me what's going on. Whatever it is your scared of that's keeping you from telling me, I don't care about it. Your my friend Tae, but I can't be nice anymore. It's going too far. I don't care that you're scared. I don't care what it is you're scared of. I just don't give a damn about it anymore. I can't especially not when it's hurting your health. I can't stress it anymore." he said truthfully.

"Whatever it is you're scared of, push it to the side. The fear that your feeling is keeping you from getting help. So please, Tae."

Taehyung inhaled deeply and nodded.

-