Chapter Thirteen.

"You are great. You are strong. You are beautiful. Tell it to yourself until you make it real."

Lorenzo POV

I hold her tightly as her small figure shakes.

I can't believe she had to endure that. No child should ever have to go through that. Now I feel bad for the test I did to her the day of the interview, I'm pretty sure all those memories came back.

Clearly, I've been spoiled rotten because I still have a mother, even though my dad died, it wasn't like he chose too and a mother is a very valuable asset. I regret all the times I shouted at mum saying she was unfair and mean because thinking about it, I don't know what I would do without one for thirteen years.

Soon I felt that she was calming down.

"My breakfast is now cold." She said smiling weakly.

"I'll warm the plates up. Do you want to meet me in the kitchen? We can make choc chip cookies?" I ask.

"You can bake?" She asks in surprise.

"No, but isn't that what you girls do in movies? Eat ice cream, bake, or do each other's hair?" I say rubbing the back of my neck. "It's snowing so ice-cream wasn't in the picture, I don't know how to plait hair. But I can watch you bake?"

She laughs and I feel my heart leap. Making her happy is now my number one priority.

"Who said Ice cream had a season?" She said peeling herself of me. I quickly grabbed her back into my chest.

She looks at me confused. 

"Sorry, it got cold really quickly," I said feeling like I was blushing. Her body fitted perfectly in mine and her heat was warming me.

"If you needed a hug you could just say so." She said. Straddling me she gave me a big hug and whispered "Thank you for listening."

I hugged her back. Just then the door flew open and Henry and the kids were entered. Henry quickly covered the twins' eyes.

"Sorry, we will knock next time," Henry said and soon Massimo's head appeared at the door picking up the kids and when he saw us he laughed.

"Dude we have children in the house. A door is supposed to be knocked on." He said taking the twins away.

We both started to laugh as soon as the door swung shut. While she was laughing I observed her. How perfectly her lips curved and her white teeth shined through the room. Her laugh was like a melody but not like the fake one but straight from the belly.

But soon it dawned on me the position we were still in.

"I'll see you downstairs." She said giving me a kiss on the cheek before climbing off me and into the bathroom.

I fell onto my back and touched my cheek. Her lips could still be felt, like a tingle, even though it was a simple brushing of it. A stupid grin appeared on my cheek.

Natasha, you have no idea what you are doing to me.

I quickly got up, just in case she decided to come out of the bathroom, I grabbed her breakfast and headed downstairs.

In the kitchen, Massimo was frying his eggs. 

"Hey, little brother. How was it?" He said.

"Nothing happened," I said.

"You idiot. Not "that" I meant how was yesterday's talk." He said.

"Confidential," I said putting Natasha's breakfast in the microwave.