Chapter Six

I tossed and turned on the bed. Looking for the perfect position that could make me comfortable to sleep. Sadly, I'm still fully awake for hours with thoughts swarming my head.

The things I noticed earlier are not to be ignored. Never thought that the little things I thought didn't mattered, actually did. I realized that now. Being ignorant would be my downfall.

From now on, I'd keep my eyes and ears open. Slowly, I'll put the pieces together and solve this puzzle. My peculiar case of missing memories, it's not just a mere amnesia.

Plenty of forces are working together in this, I can feel it. I need to be extra careful. One wrong move and they would know what I'm planning to do. I might also need some help to uncover this veil of secrets.

Breathing deeply, I exhaled. Trying to free my mind with these bothersome thoughts. I could plan everything out tomorrow. I'm still safe, I know. They haven't got the hint that --------

What is that?

I stay still, not bothering to open my eyes. Tuning in to the sound. Whispers.. Drawing my brows together, I tried to make out what they're saying.

"—not part of the plan!" A girls voice said. Her words are gritted out, suppressing her surfacing irritation.

Plan? What is she talking about?

A question leading to another. This is surely a spider web of conspiracy. I need to uncover this dark cloud of secrets and lies.

"Watch your mouth. You are not in the position to question my actions." A male voice spoke. The cold and dark tone is terrifying. Like every word is a threat and final.

My heartbeat accelerated with fear. Fear laced with anticipation to what I might hear —what I might find out. I know it's Drake. I'm not surprised that he plays a big part in this. I never really trusted him from the beginning. They're playing me, I'm doing the same.

You can't be all good and innocent when you're surrounded with corrupted souls. It's either you repel their influence, or believe that they are pure to the core.

A snarl from the direction of the voice almost made me jump. It's a monstrous sound that made goosebumps erupt on my skin. I braced myself for another unearthly sound that I might hear.

I waited...

And waited until I heard a gasp and a choking sound that made me shut my eyes tight. A thud reached my ears.

Silence followed...

Calming my heartbeat, I held the sheets tightly. This is so fvcked up. I got no idea what's going on outside. And I'm not sure if I'm even safe inside this room.

If only....

"—late. You should keep it down. Wouldn't want to wake the princess in her heavenly sleep, would we?" I know that sarcastic tone too well. That bitch! What the hell is her part in all this? I know she's not nice or anything good but I never thought she's this evil.

I grit my teeth. It's really making my blood boil.

Someone hissed faintly. I went back to calming my heart. Panicking now would ruin all my plans.

Keep it down Tiara. There's a perfect time to release all your anger. Right now, you can't risk the chance of finding out the truth. I can feel something bad is coming. I must act fast and put my plan into action.

Someone snorted and a series of footsteps echoed in the hall. "Better wish she's asleep. Or you'll be punished for your reckless actions."

What the hell! What kind of punishment is he talking about?

The more I listen, the more I am bombarded with questions that I got no answer. If this continues, I'm not sure if my sanity would still be intact.

The footsteps grew louder, nearing my door. My heat hammering in my chest. What's going to happen to me?

The doorknob is turned and someone opened the door. The light from the hall entered my room. I could make up the silhouette of a man standing on my doorstep behind my eyelids.

Frozen on my spot, my heart is like being clawed out. Pain erupted my chest but I never dared move. I could pretend that I'm sleeping but I'm not that sure if I look like one, right now. I just hope he won't come in.

..but the man entered. The light started fading out as he closes the door.

The bed dipped with the additional weight. His intense stare making me sweat. Nervous is an understatement. Who knows what he's going to do to me? I don't exactly know what they're capable of.

His finger brushed my hair away from my face. I can feel him looking at my face very intently. I never made any reaction, just focused on my steady breathing.

He moved closer to me. Too close for my liking. His breath fanning my cheek.

He inched closer..

Closer...

What the actual fvck!

Did he just smell my hair?

No shit!

Did he just groan after smelling my hair?

What kind of lunacy is this? I can't help myself from frowning.

He chuckled darkly. That sinister sound almost made me jump.

"Did I wake you up?"

My body went rigid. Is he going to do something bad to me? I didn't respond. I kept acting asleep.

His cold finger traced my jaw, down to my neck. Slowly, he traced the contours of my collar bone. Like a scientist inspecting a specimen.

"—but you were awake all this time... "

No shit!!