Chapter 15 - Details

They sat glued to the TV screen for two hours. The program being aired was a repeat telecast of a business meet that had happened a day earlier in Delhi. Khushi rested her head on her palm as the event went on and on. Arnav was tapping his foot on the floor, eyes never leaving the TV. Whatever had happened a few hours earlier- the teleportation, the kiss- was all forgotten.

As the programme ended and the credits rolled by Arnav let out a cuss word. "I didn't see her again," there was a tone of mounting anger in his voice. "They showed her in the earlier part, which you missed. A reporter asked her a question when she was going inside the conference hall."

"Damn it!" he snapped and banged his fist on the center-table, with much more ferocity than an average human.

"Hey! Careful with the furniture" Khushi reprimanded him.

He gave her an incredulous look and rose from the couch. "That's what you're worried about? A fricking table!" He started pacing restlessly in front of the TV. "After so many months, I finally, finally grasped something about my past life but now, it's lost."

Khushi sighed and stretched her arms, "This event was the Global Business Summit 2018. We can easily re-watch it online. I can use my office laptop."

A wave of relief flashed across Arnav's face. "Let's go then!" he yelled, excitedly.

"It's 5 in the morning," she reminded him, "My office opens at 9. I'll try and get some sleep before that."

Arnav didn't protest. She could feel the impatience and nervousness on his face.

"We'll find her," she spoke gently before heading to her room, "I promise."

---------

Khushi yawned continuously through the entire commute to her office. She got a couple of hours of sleep and despite a cold shower and 2 cups of coffee, she was not awake. All she craved for at the moment was her small bed and her soft pillow.

Arnav fidgeted nervously in the cab, beside her. Khushi placed her hand on his, without looking at him and gave a reassuring squeeze. She didn't speak with him, lest the driver of the cab hear her talk to herself.

They reached her workplace in a few minutes. Her cubicle was a small one at the far end of the congested office room. It was a small publishing house. A big hall was separated into a few small cabins for the editors and the remaining employees had a makeshift cubicle - tables divided with transparent glass on each side.

Her colleagues were too pre-occupied with work and workday morning blues (which Khushi realised were not restricted to Mondays only) to engage in any chitchat. She greeted some of them with a good morning, while making her way to her cubicle, with Arnav in tow.

She hung her bag on her chair, turning her laptop on, as she sat. Arnav stood beside her. Her already tiny cubicle was jam-packed only by the presence of 1 person. He looked around the small space, filled with books, notes and loads of paper. He scrunched his nose at her messiness.

"I don't get enough time to settle the things," she huffed, providing him an explanation.

"I didn't say anything," he smirked as she narrowed her eyes at him, before turning to the laptop, which was still starting. The progress bar was hung at 45%.

"What this?" Arnav pointed to some oddly shaped and differently colored paper balls stuffed behind her laptop.

"My boss's kids' homework," she replied and kept the small paper balls in a drawer. "They have to submit a model of the solar system for their science project. My boss asked me to help them."