119. Meaning

119. Meaning

"You kids, go up and see Rei. He's still in the ICU, but you'll be able to see him soon. Nurse Fuse's got him, so greet him, alright? Kunomasu's gonna be around as well."

It was an abrupt change in situation. It seemed the previous issue would have to be addressed at a different time, but seeing as they were now dismissed, Yamamoto reluctantly led the pack toward the ICU where Rei would be in.

Tearing off her jacket and tossing it to the bench, Kazane pulled her hair into a bun and, taking a wet cloth, removed her gaudy makeup. All while walking, so Amano trailed behind with a mild panic as he picked up the mess the woman was making with each step.

"So, where's Kazumasa?"

"Kazane?!" Kuma burst out from the office beside them, "You got here in five minutes, what in the world? You didn't tell me you were in the country-"

"Oh, good timing," Kazane completely disregarded her brother, stopping momentarily. The lollipop lolled over her tongue as she regarded her brother carefully, "Kazumasa, strip."

"You made it sound wrong on purpose, didn't you."

"Take off your clothes."

"Is that really the first thing you want to say to your brother you haven't seen in a decade?"

"If you don't do it in ten I'm gonna do it for you."

"Kazane, you're only twelve minutes older, why do you always treat me like you're twelve years older?"

"Eight,"

"Oh fuck everything."

"Five,"

"You're skipping numbers!"

-

-

Sui had cried herself to sleep for the third time that day. Laying close to her twin, her head resting on Sae's lap and her eyes buried in her twin's stomach-- she was peaceful for the moment. 

Sae let out a contented breath, glad her twin had finally calmed down. 

Maybe if they'd take a little longer, they could build up the courage to walk to Rei-chan's room. But for now, it wouldn't hurt to take their time, so Sui can organize her emotions better.

-

Sae thought back to when Amano asked for Yuuichirou's lungs.

Sui had been shellshocked, mortified, unable to comprehend-- it didn't matter how a life could be saved with it-- her Dad had literally just died and now the decision had to be made to cut him open again? He had suffered in his death-- wouldn't such an action be desecrating the dead-- because rather than the loss of his life, the priority now was his organ?