Arc 3.2

"The Vernooks are up to something again." An old man says in distaste around a round table in the wizards council.

"Haa, don't they ever get tired of it already?" Another sighs in resignation.

"To unseal the destroyer is it?" A woman tries to steer the conversation back on track.

"Ha, as if they haven't tried that before!" Another middle aged man sneers in derision.

"Pay heed, this time is unlike the others." An elderly man at the main seat gravely warns, causing all the others to fall silent.

They don't know why, but as of late the Vernooks have been in a steady decline, being pushed into a passive situation by the wizards.

The wizards believe in the Creator and the Vernooks believe in the Destroyer, but each with their own respective philosophies and theories.

The only way for the Vernooks to turn the situation around is if they can unseal the Destroyer, but they have been repeatedly unsuccessful to the ridicule of many of the wizards.

***********************

"This is the last and most crucial step, slowly put the kerberry into the solution and patiently add your energy with utmost concentration."

Mr. Atkins walks around the classroom to examine the students work attentively as he states sternly, while not even bothering to look at Alastair.

Alastairs hair is slightly sticking to his forehead as sweat drips down, watching the pink kerberry being added in with a strained expression and exhausted light blue eyes.

He's feeling fatigue not from the effort, but from trying to restrain and control his own powers.

Lately he doesn't even need to sleep that often and frequently has insomnia.Everytime he falls asleep, unknown but familiar memories plague him.

His eyes already have a goldish tint if looked at under the sun, but are otherwise the same.He has trouble controlling his constantly increasing powers and physical strength, but his body has no differences.

In another place, Halim and his companions are taking turns to drip their blood on a strange runic formation in the destroyed ruin.

Taking the dagger, Halim mutters a strange incantation and slices the palm of his hand.As he sqeezes his blood onto the runes, a strange occurrence occurs as it flashes a bright blinding golden light.Outside the ruins ominous black clouds gather.

"It worked!" His companions shout in disbelief and joy.He doesn't know why he suddenly recalls the boy he met a long time ago and swore an oath towards.

When he was walking on the barren scorched land in the Vernooks territory, he saw a boy looking at him with dry cracked lips and wearing clothes no better than rags.A sight so common he was going to ignore it, before he felt a strange feeling and looked at the red cross under the boys left eye.

********************

When the kerberry was almost added to the solution, Alastair feels a sudden jolt run through his body as his hands shake slightly.

He looks on in dismay, knowing all his hard work is wasted.

"Alastair!"

He listens to his classmates surprised screams around him while Mr. Atkins trembles in rage at the sight of the explosion caused by him.He hurriedly runs out of the classroom, hearing Mr. Atkins loud voice behind him.

"Get out and don't bother coming back!" Mr. Akins shouts with lingering resentment.

Wiping the sweat off his forehead, he looks at the classroom one last time before leaving.