18. Plus She's Kinda Pretty

e i g h t e e n

"ENEWS HERE! REPORTING ON JONAH Marais' and Amber Thompson's 'moment' as described. Yesterday was the first show in the biggest tour of the decade, and it started with something juicy. Marais and Thompson sang an unreleased song called 'Little Do You Know' which is about true love. Most people will be asking about the moment, but you also have to ask: did they write the song about each other?

"I am Britt Twain and I'm here to bring you the story of the day. Speaking of Marais and Thompson, who has tickets to the highly anticipated show? Comment down below. We'd love to know who's going.

"Back to the story. Marais and Thompson supposedly had a choreography that involved them interlocking hands and gazing adoringly into each other eyes. Who came up with this choreo? I mean, come on. You can't do that move with Jonah Marais and not fall in love.

"Rumor has it that Marais and Thompson were actually an item in high school. Amber Thompson even stated that everyone on this tour was her friend in high school. She even said she wouldn't be here without them. Maybe she's giving him a little something after hours to get the gig?

"According to numerous fans who were at the show, Marais and Thompson stood in that position long after the lights dimmed. They heard someone shout at Marais and Thompson to get off the stage before the lights when down. The following is a clip from that evening. [...] There we have it. I'll need you folks to decide for yourselves.

"Is #Jamber real despite the fact that they have other romantic partners? I'm Britt Twain, and I'll see you next time on ENews."

The television switches off as Jonah and I simultaneously groan.

Not understanding the severity of the situation, Corbyn jokes around, dramatically saying, "So is it true? Are you guys... in love?!"

"Amber, how could you cheat on me like so?" Jack says, fainting in his chair.

"I'm sorry, my dudes. I'm in love... but not with someone here," I say, playing along. "None of you are my true loves." From my peripheral vision, I see a body slump down, but I can't really tell who it is.

"You betray me so!" Christina shouts, jumping up from her seat. "I should have your head chopped off!"

"But alas, you won't," Jonah says, intervening, "the fair maiden's head is full of too many secrets."

"Wartime secrets," Zach adds. "Plus she's kinda pretty."

"Kinda?!" I exclaim, turning towards Zach.

"Shit," he curses under his breath, realizing the conversation is changing to him. Everyone bursts into laughter as I jump on Zach, lightly hitting his face, screaming, "WHO'S KINDA PRETTY NOW?!"

[]

Our jokes didn't change the situation though. We were getting bad publicity, and we only did one show. Maybe it would help the tour, and make more people want to come because of the drama, but it was bad. We also couldn't have this because Jonah and I had other relationships.

"I-I can't do this anymore," Jonah whispers from the back of the bus into his phone, I'm assuming. "It's becoming too much. I'm sorry. Call me back."

Not wanting to be seen eavesdropping, I jump into the nearest bunk, not knowing whose it is. I hear a groan of frustration as footsteps start nearing my hiding place. My eyes dart around, searching for some clue of where I am. I almost gasp before my reflexes kick in and I jump out of the bunk, rolling to a stop in front of a tall person.

"What were you doing in my bunk?" He asks suspiciously, helping me up.

"Nooothhhiinnng," I say, putting my hands in my pockets and rocking back on my heels. "Jus trying to hide."

"From whom?"

"You," I say, cringing back. "I heard your call—or voicemail rather."

"Oh," he says, his eyes taking on an appearance of deep thought. "You should go."

"I will," I respond meekly, hurrying away. I swear, this life has nothing but tea in it.

[]

"You can pretend you don't miss me," I mutter, writing furiously in my notebook while humming the tune of the song I'm writing. "You can pretend you don't care." Looking up and closing my eyes, I think of what the next lyrics should be. Humming the tune, I become engrossed in my task.

"All you wanna do is kiss me, but what a shame I'm not there," a voice says as a breath flutters over my ear, rustling some stray strands of hair there.

"Perfect," I say, ignoring the heartbeat that lived in my ears.

"We have to talk," the voice says, lips slightly grazing my ear. "Now."

HEYO! How's it goin my hopeless romantics! I hope you guys liked this chapter

HEYO! How's it goin my hopeless romantics! I hope you guys liked this chapter. Sorry for it being so late. Also, who else is hyped for all that promo stuff WDW is releasing?

Remember when Jonah said the new album is coming in "early 2018"? Yeah, so do I

Remember when Jonah said the new album is coming in "early 2018"? Yeah, so do I. IT'S JUNE! THIS ISN'T EARLY 2018 ANYMORE! Moving on...

Q. What will happen during their talk?
Q2. Is Jonah breaking up with Lavender?
Q3. Will Amber break up with Simon?

Q. Going anywhere for summer break?
A. Nope. Just gonna go to LA to pick my bro up from college and then coming right back home.

June 4, 2018