Chapter 42

CHAPTER 42

A cold shiver ran dangerously through my spine as soon as I stepped into the building. My toes curled as my arms wrapped itself around my body, that oddly seemed to calm myself down.

"For some reason, Adham didn't want to reveal your real name. So, he decided to have a fake name for you." He said. I stopped walking and turned around with my eyes wide.

"What?! Why haven't you told me about this before?" I whined and huffed. "Alright. What is the name?" I arched my brow.

He sighed. "Thalia"

"Thalia?"

"Thalia." He nodded. "Just... stick with that name. Don't let anyone know your real name." He instructed. I nodded.

"And all the girls that will be here today will be known as prostitutes. Nobody will know that they were actually kidnapped. So, don't be surprised when people behave oddly." Isreal whispered as he stepped to my side and looked at me. "And don't you ever tell anyone that they were kidnapped. It will mess the whole thing up," he warned.

I nodded and kept a mental note about it. I was too preoccupied with admiring the view in front of me.

I took my proceeding steps in a rather quick succession and wandered around the grand interior, with Israel still beside me who seemed to talk with someone on his earpiece.

The building looked far more extravagant than it had seemed from outside.

The whole large front hall had a golden-themed hue that decorated the entire place. The walls shimmered and illuminated the glow throughout the room. Sullied ancient paintings that looked rather expensive were hung up on the walls that gave a modern-medieval kind of era vibe throughout the view. The whole lounge was huge but somehow felt warm and cozy, completely unaware of what an atrocious act was going to take place there.

The lounge was decorated with the most elite looking couches and sofas and even had huge glass balls suspended from the ceiling that could be used to sit in, on the cushion that was neatly placed inside of it. The tables and other decors were no doubt to be elegant.

I came to a halt in the middle of the huge hall and lifted my head up looking at the extravagant chandelier that was hung up from the ceiling. It was so huge, that it would easily pass through a ton on the scale. It lit up the whole room, whereas the other lights only seemed to hide behind the elegant light the chandelier illuminated.

I heaved a sigh and bought my head back down. My eyes fell on the reception. I pursed my lips in annoyance. Even the reception seemed alluring.

"We better get going." Israel whispered in my ear and pushed me forward with the hand that he had placed at the small of my back.

I sighed.

We walked to the reception and Israel quickly asked where the event scheduled happened. They talked for a while which I paid no attention to. I was too preoccupied with my own train of thoughts thinking about how this day could turn disastrous.

Once he got the directions, he pulled me back and took me along with him somewhere, which I believed to be the hall where the Meet Gala was to be taken place.

"It's going to be okay." Israel words echoed in my ear just when my vision became all blurry from being too nervous and uncomfortable.

He kissed my temple and whispered soothing words in my ears along the way.

We came to halt as I started at beautifully carved glass platted large doors.

I scoffed. Stupid rich people.