Chapter 44

(A/N) Sorry for the late Update. I hope this chapter makes it up for you. This chapter has quite a lot to take in. So take sufficient time and try to take in everything.

CHAPTER 44

Previously:

"I suggest you leave," Israel spoke again curtly. The man rose his head with a coerce mind and spoke his next few words with determination.

"No." He said firmly. "I'm here to see my daughter."

The collective gasps of mine and Israel's followed.

Dad? I thought he was dead.

***

"D-dad?" I croaked out and took a step ahead. He walked past me into the house and let himself in.

I made a face. Umm... Okay.

I turned around with Israel mirroring my actions beside me, as we watched my supposed dad waltz along the hall and settled himself in one of the couches. He looked up at us and smiled sheepishly.

"I do realize the first few minutes of a reunion must include all the emotionally imbalanced characters and stunned minds along with some salty tears runnin' down those cheeks." He paused. "But I ain't got time for that. I've got a lot of things we must discuss. And most importantly," He took another pause and grinned.

"I'm hungry." He announced shamelessly. I grinned and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

Well, I guess Food sure does triumphs over everything. And the fact He's my supposed dad doesn't help either.

"Alright." I agreed and strutted few steps my way towards him. "But I can't provide my precious food to some random citizen who could be falsely claiming himself as my dad who supposedly came back from the dead."

He smiled softly.

"I always knew you would grow up to be the cautious type." He spoke so softly that it remotely reached my ears.

"Now, How can I prove myself to be your dad?" he mumbled to himself. "Well, I'll do my best to satisfy whatever you demand." he offered properly.

I tilted my head. Very tempting. But I gotta focus and make sure this guy's not fooling me.

I sighed.

"Whatever. I had confirmed the fact you're my dad when you simply dashed into a foreign house demanding food cause you simply couldn't contempt your hunger." I lightly stated and walked into the kitchen to find something for my supposed dad.

I beamed at the batch of cookies we had baked a while ago and completely forgotten about it.

Well, it sure did come in handy now. I shrugged at the thought and carried the plate to the couch where my dad had settled himself on, like he owned the place.

He beamed at the cookies that I was carrying.

I let out a small yelp when he lunged towards me and snatched the plate of cookies from my hand before stuffing them into his mouth.

I bit my lips from preventing myself to laugh at loud. Yup. He's definitely my dad.

I take a seat in front of me as I eyed my father pop in the last bit of the last cookie into his mouth. He let out a satisfied... Burp?

"Thank you, sweetheart. You see, I was very hungry. I hadn't eaten anything since last night!" He admitted with his eyes wide. I turned around to see the clock.