TentaSpy X (Monster Hunter!)Sniper

(italics for French)

Sniper's P.O.V.

Paris, France. Much too fancy for my taste, and my type. I knew how to clean up, though, and I knew how to hold proper decorum.

I was there to hunt for vampires. I quickly got sidetracked when the owner of my motel started talking about a monster that dwelled nearby.

"Saw the monster again today." It was an offhand comment to his wife, but it peaked my interest.

"Did you- ehem, did you say monster? What kind?" The owner looked up from what he was doing.

"You don't want to know, boy." I sighed and threw a couple hundred euros on the counter.

"I said, what kind of monster?" The owner looked from the money to me, back to the money, and back to me, his overly large moustache bristling.

"Well...It lives in the sewers. It's blue, as well. I've only seen the top half of it. It looks human enough, but it has fins on either side of its head, and when it opens its mouth, there's a row of sharp teeth in place of human ones. Its eyes are yellow and cat-like. I wouldn't trust it, and I suggest you don't go after it, monster hunter." He spat my title in a rude way. I growl quietly and unsheathe my kukri.

"I'm perfectly capable of handling myself, little froggie. Too scared to take care of the problem yourself, aren't you. If it attacked you, you'd surrender immediately. I'm going to take care of it, and then you'll be on your knees, kissing my shoes and offering me a large sum of money, because that's the type of coward you are." I turned around and stalked out of the establishment, jaw set.

I was determined to find this beast and bring its head on a platter to the owner of that shitty bed and breakfast. Then, maybe I'd mount it. It seems like a nice heirloom, from what the owner described it as.

Then I realized that I probably should have asked the owner where he saw it. I shrugged and continued on my way. The best place to look for a monster was the forest, even if the owner said it lived in the sewers. He might have been lying, though. So, the Bois de Boulogne was the best place to start, since it was the closest.

After an hour, I had arrived. It looked tranquil as ever. The owner stated it had fins, so I went to the lake. It also had a sewer drain, so if it fled, I'd know where to find it. The lake was strangely void of the couples that came here to float around on gondolas, my first sign something was wrong. I drew my rifle and looked around. It'd be noisy, but it would be more destructive than the crossbow, and that was worth it.

There was a ripple in the water. I aimed at it, not firing yet. The ripple disappeared. I squinted and inched closer. Suddenly, I heard a male around my age calling for help. I stowed my rifle and raced off to find him.

I found the man drowning in the middle of the lake. He had beautiful ebony hair, slightly streaked with most likely stress, porcelain skin, and he was fit as well. I discarded my rifle and crossbow on the shore, keeping my kukri on me. I then took off my hat and dove into the water.

I got to him and started pulling him ashore, not bothering to look at any of his other features.

"Alright mate, let's get you back on land, don't want you dead, now do we?" I heard him chuckle.

"From 'our items on ze shore, I would zink ze opposite." Oh, good. I saved a frog. Well, a life is a life.

"Well, sorry. I'm currently hunting a monster, so I need to have those on me. If I told you about it, could you tell me stuff in return?" I got him to the shore. He kept his bottom half in the water, which I found strange, but didn't question it. His hair was flattened by the water, covering his ears. He also had his eyes closed as he shrugged.