None of Your Damn Business

"No need to be so crude, Camila." Hailee rolls her eyes, but mine are locked on his. I don't know what his intentions are for being here but I know one thing for sure: I'm not going to let him hurt Camila in any way.

"Besides," Hailee continues snarkily, "I'm not the one who cheated on my wife. Shouldn't you be mad at him?"

"Okay, we're not staying here." Camila finally comments, reaching over to tap my fist before making a move to leave the table. She's stopped though, of course, by Hailee's hand hitting her chest.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your... whoever this is?" The taller girl asks, regarding me momentarily like I'm a piece of trash. I do the same to her, because she is one. Seemingly in response to that, she adds, "Another glorified hooker, I suppose."

"None of your damn fucking business, Steinfeld." Camila snaps before pulling me farther away from the table. I glance over my shoulder once to see my stupid fucking father smirking at my evilly before noticing his hand on Hailee's ass and rolling my eyes, deciding to follow Camila instead.

"So that's the bitch who Alessandro cheated on you with?" I ask when we're a safe distance from the cafe.

She nods, before turning to me. We're walking slower now, almost hand in hand. Our knuckles brush with every step and it makes me want to intertwine my fingers with hers but I can't because she's still my teacher and I'm still her student and anyone could see us out here.

"Why were you so worried in there?" She then questions, making me sigh.

"That stalker dad I told you about? That was him. Oliver." I admit, and she stops in her tracks.

"I'm going to kill that bastard." She mumbles, already turning on her heels. I have no doubt she would've done if I didn't grab her shoulder and spin her back around.

"Don't." I tell her, "Please, let's just leave. I have to tell my parents that he hasn't left town."

She seems hesitant, but finally nods and agrees, "Okay, but only if you promise you won't stop me next time."

"Sure, whatever." I nod, eager to go, "Let's just get out of here."