(4)

Taylor POV

"Wake up." A voice invaded my sleep and I begged for myself not to open my eyes. The voice repeated and this time somebody jumped on the bed. "Colton? What are you playing at?" I covered my face with the covers and he tightened his grip around my waist. Some how in the night we had managed to switch to different sides of the bed and fit perfectly in a spooning position.

"It's not me." He grunts and I feel him shift behind me. I open one eye and turn my head to see Diesel perched on the edge of the bed. "What the fuck?" I mummble.

"Bro, you seriously need to get up. Shit has kicked off down at the cells." I immediately opened both eyes and sit up straight, Colton still refusing to move. "Fuck." He props himself up on his elbows and ruffles his hair, stealing a glance to me with a small smile.

"Diesel get out, I'll meet you at the cells in five." Colton rubs his hand over his face as his brother exits the room. "Do we get wake up calls every morning?" I push the covers back and yawn while Colton walks over to the wardrobe.

"No, we get a Diesel. An alarm would be too kind." He laughs and begins to get dressed. I can't deny my eyes wandered and they just kept wandering until I realised I was drooling over him and Dowry Jr. I cleared my throat trying to snap myself out of my daze. "Can you throw me my bag?" Colton takes my bag off the door and tosses it on the bed. I grab the last set of clothes I have but paused as I realised I couldn't get undressed infront of him. I have too much to hide at the moment.

"Can I come with you or are you going to lock me in the spare room again?" I raise an eyebrow as I make my way into the bathroom. Colton cocks his head with a small smile as I close the bathroom door. "You're not coming in the cells, it's too dangerous." He warns and thank god the door is closed or he would have slapped me for how sassy I rolled my eyes. I remove his shirt and begin to get dressed. The bruises on my lower back stare at me through the reflection of the mirror. Why aren't they healing?

"If I'm going to be Luna I should be prepared for the job don't you think?" I pause when I hear him chuckle slightly and I quickly throw my top over my head. "That is a fair point but still, I'm not risking my mate's safety-"

"It's not as if I will be alone, I'll have you and you can protect me, right?" I tie my hair into a ponytail and exit the bathroom to see Colton leaning on the wall next to the door. "Of course I can protect you." He rolls his eyes as if it's obvious and pushes himself off the wall. I walk over to the bed side table and grab his phone, I place it in his hand and smile.

"Then it's settled, come on." I lean up on my tip toes and kiss his cheek. The action causes me to pause a moment later and stare shocked into Colton's eyes. "I'm sorry-that just-it-"

"It's fine. I don't mind." I relax at his words but also scoff at the arrogance he has. I don't know why I kissed him, it felt so normal just to do it even though his reputation plays on a loop in my mind. Despite the death toll that builds up under his name, I still slept in the same bed as him. That has to be a judge on my character right? "So is this who you are?" Colton follows close behind me as I hop downstairs, I give him a confused look.

"Strong minded, bubbly, a little cocky and considering you're seventeen you still eat strawberries and custard?" He laughs when I stop placing a hand on my hip. "I told you that in confidence. Besides what has my age got to do with my eating habits?" Colton grabs his keys before we both head off down the dirt track in pack land. Despite barely knowing each other, Colton isn't ashamed to keep me close to him when we pass males in the pack. Like really close.

"I'm just saying, children normally grow out of those habits." He chuckles again and I lightly hit his chest. "I'm more grown up than you think and may I remind you I moved out of my parents house when I was 15. I could be a kid without the hassle of parents." My voice hitched when he wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me against him. We were really close to the cells I think because he became more on edge.