author's note: important disclaimer

as this book continues to grow and gain more readers at a fast rate, i feel the urging need to write an important disclaimer on two important issues before updating. i don't want to write an essay here, so for the sake of brevity, i will be going straight to the point, and attempting to keep this as short as possible.

**********

1) we don't know timothee personally. i am simply a huge fan of his talent and artistry, and that's why i'm writing this fic. but i must enforce that there is a line between what's fictional and what's real.

timmy's character and personality traits in this book are on all accounts fictional, and simply projections of the little we've seen in his movies, interviews, etc. we don't know how he is around his friends and family, we don't know his personal life. this is fictional, and i want to maintain a level of boundaries and respect for real-life timothée.

i own marley, lara, rosie, luke, and any other characters of fictional origin. i do not own timothée chalamet, ansel elgort, violetta komyshan, lucas hedges, saoirse ronan, armie hammer, elizabeth chambers, or any other characters based on real-life people.

**********

2) this is the more important one, has been gnawing at my thoughts for a while, and i feel needs to be addressed and talked about (especially with the recent 2nd season release of a certain horrific netflix show).

this book addresses some heavier issues, such as anxiety, panic attacks, and a backstory of domestic abuse. that being said, i need to enforce that i in no way condone or support the romanticization of mental illness or any other issue presented in this book. i cannot emphasize this enough.

the character dimensions and depth of backstories presented in this book are simply for that. dimension. depth. and the fact that i, as a writer, and as any writer you'll find, end up writing pieces of personal experience into anything i write, resulting in characters which readers may see pieces of themselves as well. i will not be buying into the awful fictional trope of one character "fixing" the other, as this is a toxic and unhealthy depiction of how to deal with these issues in real life. i've strived to make it clear in this book that marley does not want timothée to "fix" her, as she sees this as unhealthy. and vice versa, marley is not the answer to timothée's stress. i don't want my writing tainted by misrepresentation of issues i've dealt with personally and know well. this story will have healthy, positive resolutions to these issues.

as i said before, like any writer, i find myself writing about things i have experienced firsthand in my life. that being said, i must emphasize that marley's character is 100% fictional, as is her domestic abuse story.

i've included all needed trigger warnings on all chapters thus far, and will continue to do so. i want to maintain sensitivity for my audience and will never include content that crosses any lines. there will never be anything graphic, disturbing, or MI-romanticizing written into this book, or anything along those categories.

if you have any issues you would like to bring up to me about this story, any feedback on this, any questions, or anything that i could do differently, please do not hesitate to let me know.

finally, thank you for reading alpha - i'm excited to continue writing this story. x