RM

You were on your way towards your job. It was supposed to be your day off but your boss called you in because one of your co workers was sick. Before heading to work, you stopped by your boyfriends house.

"Hey Namjoon, I'm on my way to your house. I wanna give you something", you said and hung up the phone.

You waited for him to open up the door. When he did, he smiled and looked down at your hands to see what you have.

"What's this?", he asked.

"I bought breakfast earlier but they messed up my order so I thought maybe you'd want it", you said, handing him the bag.

"Oh..that's it?", he asked.

"I don't have time. I have to get to work", you smiled and kissed him before going the other direction.

~~~

You placed each item on the shelves, mentally cursing as your back began to hurt, even though you've been working for only ten minutes. You were placed as a cashier, not a stocker person.

"(Y/n), I didn't know you were coming in today", your friend said as she helped you stock.

"Boss called me in. I don't know how you guys do this", you groaned.

"I've done this longer than you. Anyways, what did you give your boyfriend for his birthday?", she asked.

"What?", you said.

"Today is his birthday, isn't it? My brother wrapped like five gifts for him", she said.

"...damn it! I totally forgot his birthday! I just saw him. Ugh he must be so upset with me", you frowned.

"My brother said he was planning on doing some errands today", she said.

~~~

During your break, you made a bunch of calls. You were gonna surprise him with a birthday party. Though you weren't sure if he'd come since you didn't tell him happy birthday but you had to try.

Once your break was over, you continued to work. You didn't get out until 4pm so that gave you enough time to be able to buy everything and set it up at his house. Since your friend said he was gonna be out doing some errands, you won't get caught.

You had placed balloons everywhere in the living room and had the food prepared. As you placed the CD in to play music, it sounded as if it was scratched.

"No, this is his favorite. Don't do this to me now", you whined as you kept pressing play.

Realizing it wasn't t gonna play, you decided not to waste anymore time. To think things couldn't get any worse, people started calling you, saying they couldn't come to the party. Then the bakery called saying that the cake has to be delivered tomorrow since no one is working at that moment. You were getting frustrated. Your surprise was falling apart.

"No guests, no cake, no worries. We'll be alone. Maybe I can wear lingerie and surprise him", you thought.

You went over to your closet and found lingerie that your sister bought for your 21st birthday. It looked too small.

"Ugh Nothing is working", you groaned.

You went over to the living room and had to go with what you had. You waited and waited until you were feeling sleepy.

~~~

You woke up to hear the door closing. When you sat up, Namjoon was standing near the door, looking at you.

"Uh..Surprise! Look there's balloons...that are now on the floor..wait! There's food!", you yelled and ran over to the food.

"Which is now cold..I ordered cake but they said they have to deliver it tomorrow...I called a bunch of people too but they already had plans for today...I also planned to wear lingerie just for you but looks like I've gained weight a bit...never mind. I'm sorry Namjoon. I forgot your birthday and now I'm being punished for it. I can reschedule if you want? Please don't be mad", you slightly pouted and looked down.

He stayed silent as he walked over to you. He placed his hand behind your neck and kissed you.

"I was mad. But I don't care anymore", he softly smiled.

"Okay. Do you wanna go out and get pizza?", you asked.

"No. Let's just stay here. You owe me. Since you forgot my birthday, wouldn't you think it would be fair if I chose what punishment you should receive?", he lightly smirked.

"Uh-", you stuttered as he pushed you against the wall.

"I think I know", he smirked.

~~~

"I don't wanna do this", you mumbled.

"Too bad. You have to", Namjoon said.

As a punishment, he had you wear a chicken suit and a sign that hung around your neck that said 'I forgot my boyfriends birthday'. People who passed you either laughed or took pictures. Namjoon was smiling widely as he held your hand.

"How long do I have to do this?", you asked.

"Until I'm fully satisfied", he smiled.

You groaned and kept walking. You wanted to stop but every time you did, Namjoon tugged on your hand.

"I'm getting hungry", you told him.

He glanced at you and noticed you were frowning and close to crying.

"Okay", he said.

~~~

When you arrived at his place, you took off the chicken costume and looked through the fridge. Namjoon stood behind you and placed his hands on your hips.

"Hurry up and eat. I wanna unwrap my birthday present", he whispered into your ear, sending chills down your spine.

He walked away into his bedroom and closed the door. As you ate your food, you glanced over at the closed bedroom door. You couldn't help but wonder what Namjoon is planning.

When you were done eating, you slowly opened the bedroom door and peeked your head in. There were candles lit everywhere in the room. The scent roamed through your nose and put you into a trance. 

As soon as you entered the room, the door closed. Namjoon carried you and placed you down on the bed. He hovered over you with a soft smile in his face. His hand caressed your cheek, fingers lingering on your lips.

"You're amazing", he whispered to you.

"I forgot your birthday. How am I amazing?", you mumbled.

"You went through all that trouble just so you can make it up to me. Then you actually agreed to wear that chicken suit and sign. You did it to make me feel better. That's why you're amazing. You'd do anything to make me happy. And that's what I love about you", he said.

"I just felt bad. You always do these nice things for me and I hardly ever do that to you because I'm always working. I just wish tonight could've gone a bit differently. But...we can celebrate another way", you said.

"Oh really? How?", he smiled, almost smirking.

You wrapped your hands around his neck and lowered him, kissing him passionately.

"Best birthday ever", he said, causing you to laugh.
_______________________________

So I'm transferring soon to a new school in the fall, I'm getting an apartment, I'm getting a dog, and everything is going well with the guy I'm dating. Life is good👍🏻