5.8

Lin Xi cheerfully left Shen Heng's office and went back to Xia Chen who got bored very quickly. Lin Xi decided to go shopping since he didn't have any child size clothing for Xia Chen. For the past few days, he had been giving the boy his old clothing. Shen Jin only had limited clothes and the original body had been wearing the same thing for years that they were tearing and worn out.

After going through a few stores, he bought a couple of bags that were filled to the brim. Walking down the street, Lin Xi saw something that caught his eye. The window across the street had a mannequin adorned in a Chinese wedding dress. It was a strapless dress with red and white fabric. The embroidered flowers stood out to him because it was eerily similar to a sketch he saw in Shen Heng's office.

His eyes narrowed as he entered the shop.

"Hello, do you need any help?" One of the employees asked.

"Do you know who designs that dress?" I questioned and pointed to the mannequin on display.

"Oh, you have great eyes. This was specially brought in today by the Logan Company."

"The Logan Company?"

"It's an uprising fashion brand located in Europe. They recently created a branch in China under the control of a talented individual."

The worker continued to praise the person for ten minutes before Lin Xi couldn't take it anymore and interrupted, "So, who is this talented individual?"

"I'm not sure because he has never taken any interviews and his real name isn't ever posted under his designs. His clothing is usually under the pseudonym, "V." He hasn't appeared in public, so no one knows how he looks like."

As she continued to chatter on about the mysterious designer, Lin Xi went to have a closer look at the dress on the mannequin. Scrutinizing the dress, he was able to see some details that weren't in the original sketch. If someone didn't look closely, they can mistaken Shen Heng's sketch as this one.

Lin Xi went into deep thought before leaving to go back to the company. He allowed Xia Chen to look through all the clothes they bought while he stormed into Shen Heng's room.

"Hey Shen Heng, I need to see-"

Lin Xi opened the door but didn't expect two men to be in the room having a meeting with Shen Heng. Three pairs of eyes stared at him as he awkwardly backed out of the room.

"Er...sorry, I'll come back-"

He was stopped by his lover, "Jin come in."

Lin Xi listened to him and sat directly across from Shen Heng. The other two men continued their conversation about the fashion show that was happening in two weeks. They spread out all the drawings and plans out on the table. Lin Xi took a glimpse and recognized the sketch that was very similar to the one on the mannequin. He picked it up and observed the details.

Shen Heng noticed Lin Xi's actions and told him that the dress had already been made and ready to be displayed on the fashion show. Lin Xi quickly expressed interest in seeing it in person and his lover complied with his demands. They entered a room filled with people running from one place to another and fabric scattered everywhere. In the back, mannequins had different types of dresses, suits, and clothing on them.

Lin Xi was able to see the specific Chinese wedding dress stand out. The color scheme was almost the same as the one he saw in the shop. There was a slight difference in the embroidered flowers. Without a good eye, one wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the one from the shop and this one.

"Who designed this?" Lin Xi anxiously asked.

"Do you like it?.... I made the initial sketches." Shen Heng answered as if he was embarrassed.