Chapter Four: I Wouldn't Mind

That morning I decided to dress up a little.

Not to impress Connor or anything like that.

No, never that.

I wore my favorite pair of light blue denim jeans, and a purple top with sequins. I also made sure to arrive to work a few minutes early .

God, I'm such a fucking loser.

I watched as Connor walked into the room, a small smile on my lips as I continued to scroll through the Deviant files. AX400 murdered its owner, child missing.

I glanced over at Connor as he approached me.

"Hello Tasha." He greeted me with a small smile, his brown eyes hypnotizing.

"Hello Connor," I smiled at him, turning in my chair so I could see him better.

"Has Lieutenant Anderson arrived for his shift today?"

I let out a quiet laugh, "No, Hank tends to... run a little late, to say the least."

"Oh." Connor replied, glancing around my desk. "When should we be expecting him?"

"Honestly? I have no idea. You can try calling him but Hank doesn't like to pick up." I sighed, "His desk is over there, if you want to have a look around."

"Thank you, Tasha."

I watched with a smile as Connor went through the stuff decorating Hank's desk. At least Connor wanted to try to get to know him.

••••

I couldn't help but frown as I watched Hank fought with Connor. I knew why Hank hated Androids — hell everyone knew, but in the end Connor was our partner now and he had to accept that.

"C'mon Hank, give Connor a chance." I smiled slightly as I walked over to them. "He just wants to do his job."

"Oh god, please don't tell me you're actually falling for him?!" Hank groaned, shaking his head disapprovingly. "He's an Android for god sakes!"

I shook my head vigorously. "What?! No! Jesus, Hank—" I ran my fingers through my hair, not looking at him or Connor. "He's our partner now. Deal with it."

"You know I'm a detective right? So when you lie I know." Hank almost smirked at me when I blushed. "And kid? You're a terrible liar."

"I'm a detective too, doofus." I rolled my eyes, ignoring his previous words. "Let's just go do our job, alright?"

•••
When we arrived to the location the Deviant had been most recently spotted at, I found myself glancing at Connor as he stood, almost lifeless beside the car. It was fascinating to see someone stand so still. Kind of creepy, but mostly fascinating.

"You're as creepy as he is." Hank scoffed.

I rolled my eyes at Hank, "Very funny. So, what's our plan here, old man?"

"No ones seen the Android or the kid recently, I'm sure eventually they'll show up." Hank seemed barely concerned about the situation. "Do you wanna get a bite to eat?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm not hungry..."

Hank opened his mouth to speak, but before he could my stomach decided to growl in hunger, causing him to nearly double over with laughter. "C'mon kiddo, let's get you fed."

It was at that moment that Connor spotted the deviant. "Stop!"

I saw the deviant running down the street with the child in tow, causing me to chase after Connor who was running after them. I knew at the rate they were running I wouldn't be able to catch up this way. I took a turn, running as fast as I could down an abandoned alley. It worked out in my favour as I was able to come out right behind the AX400 and the little girl climbing a fence.

"Stop!" I yelled at them, trailing after them as fast as I could. I climbed the fence, scraping my hands and arms on the wire on the top.

"Tasha! Stop!" Hank called after me, "It's too dangerous!"

"I can do it!" I yelled in response, not slowing my speed as I watched the Android and the child run through the high speed traffic.

I can't let them get away. What if Cyberlife penalizes Connor if we let them get away?! What if they take him away? Lord only knows CyberLife only cares about getting the deviants under control. No one deserves to be destroyed — human or Android.

"Tasha!"

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Connor yell after me, but I had to try. I couldn't leave anything up to chance. I slide down the slope, stopping as I watched the traffic fly past me.

This'll be fun.

Said no one ever.

•Connor's POV•

Connor didn't hesitate, he climbed the fence, focusing solely on stopping Tasha from entering traffic. He could feel his metallic heart thumping faster with each passing moment, his only concern in that moment was to protect Tasha. 

"Tasha! Stop!" He yelled out to her, running as fast as he could as he scanned the cars she was dodging.

Tasha darted out into traffic, narrowly missing passing vehicles. Her luck ran out when she tripped, falling onto the ground in front of an oncoming vehicle.

"Tasha!"

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed! Let me know what I should add to further chapters. Connor's eyes are seriously so beautiful.