Chapter 33

Hey guys! I hope to finish this book very soon so hold on just a little longer okay.
____________________________________

"(Y/n), are you sure this is what you want to do? It might kill you," Ara asked her. Ara and her friend in her hairpin, Eun, had become one of (y/n)'s close friends.

"I'm possitive. I've worked too long for me to give up now," (y/n) replied. It had been years since the incident in Altera. (Y/n) was now 21, the same age that Add would have been.

Just thinking about him made her want to cry, but she'd learned to hold in all her emotions no matter what. Her voice was always void of them and happiness was something that she wished she could buy. "We'll miss you, you know that right," Lu said.

"Yeah I know Lu, but I'll still see all of you again," (y/n) said. The El Search Party had been her temporary family during these past years. After saying her goodbyes and petting Shadow, who had decided to stay with Lu and Ciel, (y/n) made her way to her last stop before she would head to the rebuilt Altera Core and attempt her first time travel. She didn't know if it would work. The success rates were never clear, but she didn't care anymore.

The place that she headed to was Shiro's grave. It was there that (y/n) had left Add's necklace and she was headed there to retrieve it. As she walked through the forest, she noticed herself being followed. (Y/n) sensed all of their presences and was deeply agitated by them. They were bandits of course, and they planned on stealing from her. (Y/n) was in no mood for child's play. When the bandits appeared and aimed to attack her, she ended it all using her most powerful skill. "Phantom Destroyer," she said and lazily waved her hand, summoning her dynamos.

(Y/n)'s attack destroyed the forest around her, but she didn't care. She kept walking until she reached her destination. When she got to Shiro's grave she sat in front of it and picked up the necklace that lay next to it.

"I wish you could have seen how powerful I've become. I can protect myself for real now. When I go back and save you, you won't have to worry about my safety at all because I'll eliminate all of your problems for you," (y/n) said as she held the necklace. She took off the one she was wearing and replaced it with Add's. "I'll save you too, Shiro. I'm sure Add won't mind," (y/n) said sith a slight smile. It was the first time in years that she felt happiness. Maybe it was the thought of seeing Add again or the familar aura that she felt. Whatever the reason, she was glad that she finally confirmed that her emotions were not permanently lost. "I wonder what you'd say once you see me again," (y/n) said as she stood.

"I'd say that I still love you no matter what. You're still the (y/n) that I know," Add's voice said from behind her. She froze out of fear, not surprise. (Y/n) realized why the aura was there. Add's ghost had come back to haunt her for not saving him. It might have been Add's ghost, but either way, (y/n) was still terrified of them just as Add had been. She slowly turned around expecting to see the ghost, but no one was there.

"(Y/n), you're looking in the wrong direction," Add's voice said, now behind her where she had just been looking. (Y/n) turned around and saw him. It was most definitely Add. Although he looked older and much different, (y/n) still wasn't able to believe what she saw. He was standing on his dynamos and he seemed pretty real but (y/n) wasn't sure. There was only one way to find out though.

(Y/n) slapped him. Add seemed shocked by her action, but he didn't disappear like a ghost would have. "I probably deserve that for not coming to you sooner," he muttered as he rubbed his cheek. He was actually there.

(Y/n) collapsed and began to cry. It was all she could do. The emotions she kept locked away for so long were letting themselves out, and she couldn't stop them. "I'm sorry, (y/n). I should have come back when I found out you were still alive, but I couldn't bring myself to face you," Add said as he sat in front of her and pulled her into a hug.

"You idiot!" (y/n) shouted as she pushed him away. He hadn't been dead at all and this thought alone made (y/n) so angry all of a sudden. He had done something like this before already. "I wasted so many years trying to figure out how to travel back in time just so I could save you, and you weren't even dead! Do you know how much disparity and emptiness I felt that whole time?!" (y/n) yelled at him, but when she looked at Add, she could see just how hurt he was.

His still pretty eyes held pain and suffering. He showed plenty of signs of not getting enough sleep. And then she noticed the black markings around his wrists. Her anger instantly subsided and was replaced with worry. "What did you do to yourself?" she whispered as she grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards her. She examined the black markings realizing that they weren't tattoos.

"I was disappointed by the things that I couldn't accomplish, and I ended up fusing myself with nasod armor. I got the idea from you, ya know. I was told that you were dead. That's why I didn't come back the first time. The only reason I'm here now is because I just felt like visiting this place and I recognized your Phantom Destroyer. I knew it was you and I couldn't keep myself from coming after you," Add said as he pulled his wrist away from (y/n).

"Who the hell told you I was dead? Wait no, don't answer that or I'll have to kill someone. Where have you been?" (y/n) said. Add sighed and pulled her into another hug that she didn't pull away from. In fact, she savored it.

"I've been stuck in the place that I wanted to take you. I found it. The explosion altered my Phase Shift and sent me there. When I did finally find a way back, I was told that you were dead, so I blamed myself for it. Knowing that you're okay just made me feel a lot better just now. Do you know what else would?" Add said as he stroked (y/n)'s hair.

"What?" (y/n) asked. At the moment, it didn't matter what he said. She just wanted to hear him speak.

"Seeing your reaction when you meet your real parents. I found them since I promised that I would," Add said. (Y/n) couldn't say anything. She really had nothing to say.

"Thank you for not being dead," she finally said as she hugged Add a little tighter. He laughed at her a little and kissed her forehead.

"I'm not going to fake die anymore, okay," he said. Add stood up and picked (y/n) up with him.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"I'm taking you to that place to meet your parents and you can't say no. No isn't an option. Before we leave though, there's something I need to do," Add said. Before (y/n) could ask what that something was, Add kissed her. The sudden action surprised her, leaving her stunned. Out of instinct, Add pulled her closer to him.

"There have been too many times when I failed to do that," Add said when he pulled away. (Y/n) hid her face in the crook of his neck as he laughed at her. "Come on. Let's go," he spoke as he started to walk out of the forest.
____________________________________

It has been confirmed! The next chapter will be the last chapter! Until next time you spectacular readers (Oh and Add is now Doom Bringer! I was so glad when 3rd jobs came out before I finished this book)!