Chapter 2

"Okay, you took me all the way out here, where it's secluded, to tell me you're hungry?"

I couldn't tell him, I didn't have the heart to. He would know the true me, and also would know I lied. But, if I don't tell him, and I drag on this lie, it will be worse if he finds out later...

"Hello???" He called out. "Are you just going to stand there or are you gonna say something?"

I jumped because I must have been zoned out. "Oh, sorry." I took a deep breath. "Okay, you're probably going to be mad at me but-"

"I promise I won't be."

"I'm not really a cripple."

He just stared at me. "What exactly is your ability then?"

I sighed "It's *******."

He gasped. "Wait, dead serious?"

I nodded.

"Show me."

I showed him and he just stared in awe.

"Sorry I haven't told you before, its just... my past..."

He just looked at me with a blank expression. "Its okay." And walked over to me and hugged me. This is a first...

Once he let go, we just looked at each other until he spoke up again. "So why did you hide this and make everyone think you're a cripple knowing they're going to mess with you?"

I shrugged. "My past... I don't really wanna go into it." Which was true, I can't go back to thise days, I was cruel...

"Okay, well you know that at some point you probably won't be able to stop yourself from using your ability?" I nodded. "But I hope that day never comes..."

I dipped my head and started walking when Toru grabbed my shoulder to stop me. "Wait,"

I spun around, nearly getting dizzy and falling, "hm?"

He just stared and then finally spoke. "Nothing, let's get back to school."

We walked off, and finally made it back to school.

"See you after class...." I trailed off seeing that Toru wasn't listening.

I shrugged and headed to class when I seen Kano staring at a wall. I wasn't going to disturb him, I don't need trouble.

I start to walk past, when one of his friends notice me.

"Hey Kano, is that the cripple that beat you down?" He pointed to me.

Kano just turned and looked, then shook his head. "It doesn't matter, let's go." He glared at me as he walked away.

~Don't mess with me~

Was that-? I swear he just sent a message through telepathy.

I continued to walk to class when someone bumped into me.

"S- sorry." I studdered. It was a girl, about my height with long, orange hair and purple eyes. She looked like she might have been a high-tier.

"It's fine." She said and continued walking. No argument? Just a 'it's fine' and leaves? Something strange is going on, and it can't be good.

I finally got to class, but I couldn't stop thinking. Everyone seemed to be ignoring me or glaring at me, I sensed alot of tension. Something wasn't right around here.

The bell rang but the teacher never arrived, nor did a substitute. All the students were gathered towards the front of the classroom, murmuring amongst each other, some were looking back towards me. Something's definitely up, but what?

I heard footsteps and turned to see Toru standing in the doorway, signally for me to follow.

I quickly got up and followed behind him. "What's going on?"

"Can't talk about it here, let's head to the roof, it will be safer up there."

The roof? I used to sit up there during lunch and no body came up there, exept the high-tiers but they didnt bother me because I didn't bother them. This time, something feels off.

We finally got to the roof and no one was there. It was sketchy.

"What's going on?" I nervously asked, looking around, wondering if there was going to be an ambush.

"People are suspicious that you have an ability and are planning to attack you to get you to reveal your true self."

"And how did you know, and why are you telling me?"

"Rumors spread fast, and I'm your best friend, why wouldn't I tell you?"

I shrugged. "Do you know anything else? Like when?"

He shook his head. "I didn't hear that much, I'm just lucky I heard that."

"I see." What am I going to do? I can't go back to how I was at my previous school. I shivered at the thought of that. I can't activate my ability anymore, or there will be chaos.