Epilogue

-Sixteen Years Later-

The dish towel in my hands smelled like lemon soap and icing. Dean grinned hearing the laughter coming from the dining room.

"Grandpa Bobby!" August laughed, his voice carrying though the house, "You can't color the grass purple!"

"It's my birthday, I'll have purple grass if I damn well please," He chuckled.

"I like it! Dad, can we have purple grass?" Aubrey asked. Bentley laughed. August had his laugh.

"Honey?" He called.

"Yeah, babe?" I grinned, drying the plate that Dad hands me with a smile.

"Can we have purple grass?" He chimed with a teasing tone. I can hear the kids giggle.

"Ohh I don't think it would match with the shutters." I played along, pretending to be upset.

"Buzzkill!" cried Cassidy at the obvious injustice, "It's okay guys, you can come to my house and paint my grass purple." Another roar of laughter echoed through the house.

"Purple grass is illogical," Castiel's dry response was met with sarcasm.

"Cas, you're illogical," Cassidy laughed, "I can have purple if I want."

"Grandpa Dean?" August said, coming into the kitchen, his dark curls framing his whiskey irises.

"Yeah buddy?" Dad said, wiping his hand on the towel before kneeling down to August's eye level.

"I drew Pala for you," He said grinning, both eye-teeth missing. He handed his grandpa the drawing of the Impala, which was totally awesome for an eight-year old.

"Woah pal!" Dean exclaimed pulling him into a hug, "This is great! Do you know what that means?" August shook his head with a smile. I stopped drying the dishes to watch them. "It means, that this is prime fridge material." He stood up and walked to the fridge, grabbing the Route 66 magnet from the side, he put the marker drawing dead center on the door. August's eyes glowed.

"Thanks Grandpa!" He ran from the room, barely missing Sam who was coming into the room with the last of the plates. Sam, or Grunkle Sam as the kids affectionately adopted for him, had his glasses pushed up onto this forehead, his greying bread making his eyes glow. If it wasn't for August's deep brown curls, he would look just like Sam.

"I am not responsible for the condition of your table," He laughed. I leaned against the counter top, hair pulled into a messy bun. Dean wrapped an arm around my shoulders, kissing my forehead.

"Those two are awesome," Dad beamed, making my smile.They were, and they meant everything to me. Sam took a seat at the bar. We all listened to the noise and chaos of the dining room. I heard Cassidy belly-laugh and thank one of them for a drawing.

"It can't believe how long it's been," My words were more a thought than a statement. The guys nodded. Sixteen years. We had been retired for sixteen years.

So much life had happened. Cassidy, Sam, and I all went back to school. Bentley and I started dating and two years later we tied the knot. We found out we were pregnant right after I had completed my master's degree. It was our sixth anniversary when August was born. I was a licensed therapist now, and was working on publishing my first novel, but more importantly, I got to be be there for my kids.

Cassidy was working for the FBI, and by God, she had started her own X-files. She set up an information network for hunters. Sam went back and got doctorates in philosophy and anthropology. He was teaching Folklore, Cultural Anthropology, and Latin at Augustana University here in Sioux Falls. He was up for a promotion to be department chair in the fall.

Dean, Bobby, and Bentley all went in and overhauled the Singer Salvage Yard and opened a mechanic shop. The Family Business is what they so cleverly called it. It was ranked number one in the area four year in a row.

Castiel was traveling the world, helping people through what he called "random acts of kindness." It actually became a grassroots movement, and before we knew it, he was running an international relief program. He said it made him feel fulfilled, more than being an angel ever had.

A lot can happen in sixteen years. Things were good. We all were good.

I was drawn from my thoughts as Bobby and Castiel walked into the room. Clutched in Bobby's hands was a drawing. There was a distinct change in energy. He looked up at us, his eyebrows furrowed, his expression distressed. Castiel's expression was equally grim.

"I think you all need to see this," Bobby murmured, shuffling to the bar. Dean and I crossed the space in one stride, as he laid the piece of white construction paper down on the dark marble surface.

In the drawing, there were five figures. I was on one end, Dean on the other. Next to me, August stood smiling, and next too Dean was Aubrey, but the most noticeable figure was the one standing in the middle. My stomach dropped and I looked at Dean with tears in my eyes.

A tall blonde woman wearing blue was holding both of my children's hands, behind her grey and gold arched lines formed crude wings, and on her face...two purple eyes.