A big load...

Thestorm had hit, and it was a fucking hurricane

He was dressed head to toe in black—the uniform of a creative director—but there was nothing else typical about him. He wore dark sunglasses inside, and had a cigarette tucked behind one of his ears. His hair was strangely, unevenly cut and was slicked back and wet looking. He had a beard, obviously—it's practically a prerequisite in this world—but it wasn't one of those massive hipster beards that made ordinary men look like lumberjacks. It was short and well-groomed and so damn sexy.

He would have been a sight under normal circumstances, but considering that only a few hours before he'd had me bent over his car seat, he was really, really quite a sight.

He wore a full suit, pants, jacket, waistcoat, tie—the works. He even had a black piece of fabric sticking out of his jacket pocket—Who dresses like that? Does he think he's Don Draper from Mad Men?

He was almost gentlemanly-almost. But the tattoo that popped out from under his cuff and ran the length of the back of his hand and the one peering out from his collar that went up his neck and stopped behind his ear were anything but gentlemanly. He loomed like a dark, mysterious creature. Fortunately, he still hadn't seen me.

"Oh my God he's soooo fucking weird," Vampire girl said, rubbing her neck

"Oh my God he's soooo fucking weird," Vampire girl said, rubbing her neck. Did she want him to bite her?-"Weird" you must understand is a compliment in this world.

And then he looked directly at me and I nearly fainted. I inhaled sharply, so sharply that I started choking on a fleck of saliva. As Ness patted me on the back, his eyes lingered momentarily and then they left me. He showed absolutely no recognition on his face and in that moment-after I had recovered from my embarrassing coughing fit-I was overcome by two very strong emotions. One was relief. Sleeping with your new boss is not the kind of thing that looks good on anyone's resume, not to mention the awkwardness it creates around the office. And two... I was pissed-"I want you so badly, Sera. I need you" ... and now he didn't recognize me?