Chapter 17: What Really Matters

"Eomma, where is everyone?"
Jieun asks once she settles down on the sofa. I was wondering too, usually they'll be down here watching movies.

"wait here, maybe they're upstairs" I said, walking upstairs. the lights were off too and it's so quiet in here.

I knocked on Irene's door but got no response.

"Unnie? it's Jisoo" I said and knocked again.

"come in!" Oh I was relieved when I heard her voice. I was worried for a minute.

"Unnie? What're you doing?"
I asks once I open the door.

"Oh I was reading, why what's up?"

"You up for meeting someone?" I smiled.

•••

"she's Jennie's daughter-"

"What?! are you serious??"

"Um, Yes."

"That's your kid? When did you meet her? isn't she like mad or pissed at you? ya know for leaving them?"
I smacked her arm.

"No she's not, she's really kind and she really wants to meet you guys" Irene raised her eyebrow, as if she doesn't believe me.

"so what, you're dating Jennie again?"

"No! I-I.. No! she's my boss remember?"

"Wait, you serious? you mean 'that' Jennie Kim is the Jennie Kim your wife?"
I nodded.

"and she's not my wife  anymore remember?"

"but you didn't divorce, you just left so technically you're still married"

"the people thinks we're still married, but for us we know we aren't." I sighed.

a moment of silent between us, I stood up and decided to speak and walk to the door.

"you wanna meet her or not?"

"Obviously, Yes!"

•••

"Oh gosh, what happened to you Unnie?" Jieun asks in concern seeing Joohyun's situation.

well she can walk now but she stall has a cast on her arm and a bandage wrapped around her head. I still had to support her sometimes.

"Nah, Don't worry. what a pleasure to meet you, I've been dying to see you since you were just a fetus" I shake my head, chuckling.

"Uh, I'm Kim Jieun." she introduced, sticking out her hand for a handshake.

"Handshake? C'mere and give me a hug!" she laughs and runs to Irene giving her a warm hug.

"I've been dying to have a niece but why in the world do you have to look like Jisoo, I'm sick of her face" My jaw dropped from what I've heard. the hell?

"Yah! but admit it, my daughter is just as pretty as me" Irene grimaced and eyed me head to toe.

"Eh, Jieun nevermind her. have you ate dinner?" the hell's wrong with unnie?

"No, I haven't."

"Oh that's great! cause Jisoo here, will be making us dinner, right Jisoo? you don't want an injured person cooking for you, yeah?" I sighed, who else would do it?

Seokjin's not home, either her wife. I wonder where they've been to, it's almost late at night.

"Jisoo, you're not joining us?" Irene asks, when I was about to go upstairs.