• s e v e n t e e n •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The sweet scent of honey filled the small living room. Paired with the warm lighting of the lamps on either side of the television and starry sky outside the window, it was probably the most peaceful both males had felt in a while. Jimin was sat cross-legged on the floor, trying to colour in a picture of a cat the same way Yoongi had. The little wanted to be just as good at colouring as his caregiver - imagine how jealous Kookie and Jinnie would be when they see his pictures! Yoongi was sat on the couch, writing much more fluently now. There weren't as many breaks between each sentence and he was quietly over the moon about that.

It was comfortably quiet between the two boys, although one of them had to try a little harder to keep the peace. He just wanted to talk or play but his caregiver looked very busy. Jimin knew not to interrupt people, that was bad. Hobi had taught him that.

But he couldn't help himself. It was so nice to finally have an official caregiver and he really just wanted to spend some quality time with Yoongi. TaeTae and Kookie weren't like this with each other - they had fun and played together and watched movies at night time. Jimin wanted to do that with Yoongi.

Pulling his lower lip between his teeth, the boy glanced up to the working man. He was really quite handsome with his gentle features, soft lips, fair skin, silky hair and delicate hands. Something Jimin liked most about Yoongi though was his height. The older man wasn't the tallest person, but he was tall next to Jimin and the boy liked that difference. Maybe it was the way it made him feel small and safe.

"Yoonie?" Jimin finally called out to the man, no longer able to keep himself busy with failing at trying to replicate a colouring.

The older finished his sentence before looking down at the boy sat on the floor.

"Um, don't wowwy," Jimin instead jumped up, running down the hallway and into his room. He was trying to be on his best behaviour by not interrupting his caregiver so he retrieved his favourite toy, Bear, and went back to the living room. He laid down on the white fluffy carpet in the middle of the room and rolled onto his back, lifting the creatively named toy into the air.

Jimin talked softly to the bear, trying not to disturb Yoongi who had returned to his work. He had an imaginary conversation with the stuffed toy, giggling a few times at his own jokes and some that he repeated from Jinnie.

Yoongi occasionally flickered his eyes away from the laptop screen and over to the boy laid on the floor. It was undeniably endearing watching the boy talking to his toy, delicately laughing so adorably. It was only when Jimin began to softly sing did Yoongi's lips turn up in a fond smile. He'd never known the boy could sing but he really hoped he would be hearing more of the angelic sound. Jimin's voice was beautiful, melodic; it perfectly reflected his gentle personality and pretty appearance.

The younger boy was just singing one of his favourite songs, one that he had heard on the radio one time in the car. It wasn't really anything special, just one from this really interesting sounding boy group that everyone seemed to be talking about.

When the boy looked across the room and found Yoongi watching him, he felt his face flood hot red with embarrassment. The boy stuffed his face into his bear, hiding away with a shy whimper.

"Yoonie!" The boy whined through the toy.

Yoongi had a sudden realisation. He really liked the nickname Jimin had given him and he especially liked hearing it come from his plump lips.

"Sorry," the man apologised, unable to stop smiling at what he was witnessing. Maybe it was because it was late, or because he had drunk too much coffee that wasn't really working, or he was just giving in easier, but he was feeling especially susceptible to Jimin's child-like behaviour tonight.

That reminded him. He looked at the time and found it was almost ten o'clock. It wasn't late for him but he knew Jimin in big space was usually in bed by nine. He most definitely shouldn't be up past that time in little space.

"You should be getting to bed," Yoongi pointed out.

Jimin peered up from the stuffed bear, "what about you?"

Yoongi had just enough experience with children to know they could get stubborn sometimes. He decided to just lie rather than chance Jimin deciding to only got to bed when he did.

"Yep, I'm going to bed," Yoongi closed his laptop and stood up. Really, he was just going to go to his room and continue writing in there.

Jimin nodded his head and followed behind the man, walking down the hallway to his bedroom that was across from the older's. Before the two separated into their own rooms and closed their doors, Jimin called out to his caregiver yet another time for that night. He'd thought about what he'd seen Jinnie and Joonie do when he had a sleepover at his friend's house and he wanted to try it with Yoongi.

"Can you . . ." the boy shyly fiddled with his hands and looked down to the ground, "can you tuck me in, pwease?"

Yoongi was admittedly hesitant. Their relationship as caregiver and little was still starting out and this felt a little more closer than the man had thought they would be acting at this point. But, he supposed that he should expect this - the unexpected that was.

"Uh, sure," the older man simply nodded his head, walking across the hallway to come into Jimin's room. It wasn't decorated with much considering most of the boy's things were still packed in boxes – there was no time to unpack considering his time was taken up with coaching and being in little space. Little Jimin most definitely didn't want to unpack, 'that's so boring'.

Jimin crawled into his bed, holding Bear close to his chest as he watched Yoongi switch off the lights. He turned on the bedside lamp before coming to the edge of the bed. The man pulled the pastel blue blanket over the younger, pulling it right up to his chin. He smoothed the edges down, feeling totally stupid as he did so. Not because he was tucking in a twenty-one-year-old, but because he felt like he wasn't very good at it. Seems like he was going to have to practice.

"Goodnight Minnie," Yoongi gently pat the boys just barely dried hair, gently pushing a few strands out of his face. Jimin's eyes fluttered shut at the delicate touch, a satisfied smile ghosting over his lips.

Just as the man stepped out of the room and began to draw the door shut, he heard a sleepy reply.

"Night, night Dada."