⌜ seventeen ⌟

❝hey you know

hey you know..❞ donghyuck was the first one to break the silence between him and mark.

they left chan in the clinic and they are now walking towards their respective classrooms.

mark hummed as a response.

we still haven't passed the project taeil gave us.❞ donghyuck giggled awkwardly while rubbing his nape

mark laughed ❝he gave us until next week so... we could make it while we're at chenle's beach house.

we could make renjun do it for us.❞ donghyuck joked

the younger was envious of renjun. that guy has everything. his family loves him, he has a car, and he has a nice personality.

have you noticed something between renjun, jeno, and jaemin?❞ mark questioned

donghyuck shrugged. he honestly didn't know. ❝the three of them look good together.❞ that was all donghyuck could say

the older nodded in agreement ❝i'll tell you a secret, renjun actually likes both jeno and jaemin.

donghyuck wanted to be shocked but he wasn't. it was like he was expecting it already. ❝like.. like?

mark opened the classroom door with a nod. ❝equally.

that's actually.. i don't know.❞ the younger wondered how. how could you love both equally? that's impossible, there's always one that'll be on top.

i also don't know how it works but i support renjun.❞ mark smiled. renjun has been his bestfriend for god knows when.

the both sat down on their seats at the back.

the younger can't help but feel something from mark's smile. it's wasn't happiness, he didn't feel happy seeing mark smile.

he was somehow.. jealous?

hey do you—

sUPPORT WHO?❞ chenle suddenly appeared in front of donghyuck with his face so close.

donghyuck flinched when he heard chenle and turned to glare at him. chenle could only laugh.

donghyuck was thankful though, chenle cutted his sentence off because he was about to ask mark if he likes renjun and that would be awkward.

mark felt a bit of uneasiness when he saw chenle's face so close with donghyuck's. he pushed the younger's head away from donghyuck and raised a brow at him.

chenle laughed even louder when he saw mark's face.

the older groaned when he heard chenle's dolphin laugh. ❝don't you have classes to attend?

chenle was one year lower than them and they wondered why he was doing inside the classroom.

i do but jisung is there.❞ chenle forced out a smile

you haven't sorted it out yet?❞ donghyuck furrowed his brows

chenle could remember the night when he opened the door, thinking it was the pizza delivery, and saw jisung. ❝i did talk to him..

mark knew what kind of 'talk' chenle was referring to. ❝you blamed him for everything, did you?

chenle frowned. yes he did. ❝you know me when i get mad. i always blame the person, even if it's my fault.

chenle stood up properly, maybe going to donghyuck and mark's classroom was a bad idea. he also went to jeno, jaemin, and renjun's classroom awhile ago only to receive a talk about how a healthy relationship works.

he didn't know he would also get the same thing with mark and donghyuck.

anyways, i'm here to remind you guys about going to the beach house this coming friday.❞ chenle put out a smile, changing the topic

chenle walked out the classroom with a loud laugh, causing everyone to think he was crazy.

mark and donghyuck couldn't help but laugh at him.

what were you going to say before chenle came?

donghyuck froze from his seat. ❝i said something?

mark nodded ❝you did. you were asking if i..

donghyuck closed his eyes, looking for some words that would save himself from this mess. ❝do you want to go to the beach house together?

mark raised a brow. he felt like it wasn't was he was supposed to say but whatever. he just shrugged it off.

donghyuck on the other hand found it awkward, it was the most stupidest question to ask.

renjun is going to pick us up so whether i like it or not, we will still go together.❞ mark said

the sentence made donghyuck frown and look down.

mark noticed it and questioned about the sudden change of expression.

do you not like it?❞ donghyuck whispered

but mark heard it. again, donghyuck doesn't know to whisper. ❝i like it.

donghyuck's eyes widened and made him look at mark in the eyes.

mark smiled ❝i like having you by my side.

🍼

OH GOD HE SAID THAT HE LIKES HAVING ME BY HIS SIDE❞ donghyuck screamed as he went inside the school's clinic.

taeyong silenced him by throwing a crumpled paper at his face, ❝the baby is sleeping you idiot.

instead of getting mad, donghyuck smiled ❝hyung, mark said that he likes having me by his side.

taeyong rolled his eyes at his brother ❝that could mean a lot of things.

the younger's smile then disappeared at what the older said. ❝oh yeah. he might have meant that i'm so good at taking care of chan that he likes having me by his side.

taeyong held back his smile. the younger's reaction was what taeyong was looking for.

or maybe i'm so funny that he likes having me by his side for entertainment.

donghyuck shouldn't have put meaning to what mark said.

taeyong giggled ❝do you like mark?

does he like mark? what does taeyong mean about like? like.. like? or just like, friendly like?

donghyuck pressed his lips into a thin line ❝no.. yes.. i mean..

taeyong raised a brow, his face full of amusement. it was kinda cute seeing his brother being flustered and all.

i also like having him by my side...

t b c