chapter twenty-two

make sure you guys look at the picture of harry to the side (or above if you're on mobile) enjoy the chapter!!

///

Within the next few days preparations for the Halloween party were in full swing. Violet convinced Niall to allow her to buy some decorations and Halloween themed everything because she claimed you could not have a Halloween party without going all out. She even went as far as printing out about 100 flyers on bright orange cardstock, much to Harry's protests.

"We don't need to make this some damn extravaganza," Harry had mumbled to me as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. I had to keep him at bay, convincing him he would avoid a whole lot of trouble if he just stayed out of Violet and Niall's way and let it all happen. This job required a lot reassuring kisses and distractions, which was harder than you would think.

Then there was the whole costume ordeal. Niall and Violet already had their matching outfits chosen and they would be going as Daphne and Fred from the Scooby-Doo cartoons, which I thought they pulled off very well. They yelled out the catchphrases of their characters whenever they modeled the costumes for us to which Harry laughed and said, "I hope you know I'm not doing anything that ridiculous."

"Guess that means you'll have to tag along when I go shopping for them then! I think I might need some supervision," I replied slyly, as an attempt to get Harry to actually be involved in the decision with me. "I used to go all out with costumes back home. Face paint, hair glitter, the works!" I exclaimed. His eyes got wide at that and he immediately agreed to go with me. I assumed that it was because he just wasn't man enough to handle all the hair glitter, or maybe he was just that whipped.

At the costume store, Harry couldn't keep his mumbling and grumbling to himself, making the whole thing more complicated. While I attempted to rummage through the aisles and aisles of possibilities Harry was right behind me, mocking and disapproving of every thing I picked up.

Superman and Superwoman: "Way too flashy," he said.

Fred and Wilma Flinstone: "Do I look like I wear fur?"

Pirates: "I don't think I can pull off the whole 'arrrrg' thing."

Mario and Luigi: "But you aren't a man, Jenson."

After many more suggestions on my part, and more shoot downs on his, I threw my hands up in exasperation. "I don't know what else there could be, Harry! You're being so ridiculous."

"We could just not go," he suggested with hope.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Harry. Work with me here," I said and pushed my hair from my face. I knew I was lucky to even get him to go with me, but the least he could do was cooperate.

"I just don't see what the big deal is," he mumbled and leaned back against a display of more costumes.

"Please just stop being so difficult! I mean I'm trying to pick something you'd agree with, but you're saying no to every single one I suggest."

"I'm sorry," he groaned. "Do you have any other ideas?"

"No, I'm all out. It's your turn," I sassily told him with an upturned nose.

"Okay..." he said skeptically. Harry turned in a full circle, his eyes skirting over the various costumes and get ups throughout the store. His eyebrows were furrowed in thought, and I could only imagine what exactly was going through his head. He kept one arm across his stomach and brought his other hand to chew on his thumbnail in contemplation. I watched him as his expression changed slightly and he began nodding his head slightly.