Chapter Nineteen ~

(Yoongi's POV)

"How long has she been asleep?" Namjoon whispered as he walked back in the room. He had run off to take care of some things after the queen had passed out, her head resting on the table.

"An hour or so," I responded. "I haven't bothered her aside from trying to cover her. It's a bit chilly in here." My crisp, white button-up wasn't hidden under my jacket anymore, for it was placed over Evangeline's slumbering body.

"Do you think she's still tired from going to Blaine's?" Namjoon asked.

I shook my head. "I wouldn't think so. That was a week ago. She should be rested up by now."

Namjoon nodded and sat down in his normal seat, picking up a letter and skimming over it. I knew he was going to get started on the work he could, hoping he could lighten his queen's load. All seven of us had been recently. We were trying to get her to relax a little and not be so rigid and strict.

I heard a murmur and I looked over to see Eve yawn. She rubbed her eyes and looked around, subconsciously pulling my jacket around her body. "What time is it?" she muttered.

"Almost 12:15, Your Highness," Namjoon answered, seeing her awake.

"I guess I'll go to lunch, then," she said, standing up. I saw her legs wobble and I didn't think anything about it until she fell onto the door frame as she was walking out.

Namjoon and I rushed to her aid, supporting her and picking her up. Namjoon placed a hand on her forehead and grimaced. "She's burning up," he said, looking up at me worriedly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, looking down at her as we tried standing her back up.

She only shook her head in response.

"I'll take her to her room," I said, looking at Namjoon. "You go and get Jin and Hoseok. Jin was always good with this stuff, remember?"

Namjoon nodded and took off, leaving me with Eve. "I'm going to pick you up, alright? I don't think it's very respectful to drag a queen."

She nodded before I picked her up bridal style, her dress swishing as I lifted her. I set off for her room, a little quickness in my step in hopes to get her taken care of as soon as possible. "I'm taking you to your room where you can rest." After climbing up the stairs and turning around several corners, I opened the door to her room. Going through the front room I made it to the bedroom where I placed her on the bed delicately. "I'm going to make sure they're on their way-"

She shook her head, her eyes closed. "Stay here, please."

I nodded. "Yes, Your Highness."

It wasn't long for the other three to make it and with them were the three youngest of the bunch.

"What happened?" Jimin asked, poking his head in.

"Hush," Jin said, making his way to her bed. He placed a hand on her forehead just as Namjoon had. He sighed and turned to Namjoon and I who were standing to the side. "And she fell?"

We both nodded. "She hasn't been coughing, though."

"You don't have to cough to be sick," Jin replied. "However, this could just be early stages of it. She may obtain the coughing symptom later, as well as a runny nose and sore muscles."

"So you're thinking it's the influenza?" Taehyung questioned.

"That's what I'm going to treat it as," Jin answered. He turned to Jungkook. "You know where my medicines are – go fetch them for me. I don't think I have anything but something may help." Jungkook nodded and did as told to leave the rest of us to stand there, anxiety running through our veins.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked, touching Jin's arm to gain his attention.

He shook his head. "I can only do so much. Medicine and remedies are the best I got. I always had to do amputations, but I don't think that'll solve much here."

Taehyung took a deep breath. "Oh, Lord, please don't let it come to that."

"Now don't worry her," Jimin cooed. "There's no sense in getting ourselves worked up."

"Jimin's right," Namjoon agreed. "There's only so much we can do right now and besides, we hardly know what she's got."

I noticed Eve, who had been quietly laying down with her eyes shut, perk up. "You have to know," she murmured, sitting up. "You, you got to figure it out and... and cure me!"

"Your Majesty, please, rest," Jin soothed. "We'll figure it out, I promise you."

"You don't understand," she stammered. "You have to cure me!"

Namjoon took my shoulder and turned his head away, like he was going to cough. "It's her mom," he whispered. "This is what happened to her mom."

---

This is late, but thank you for 10K reads!