A kiss and a formal dance (Jaehyun)

The clicking of her heels filled the lounge as Y/N made her way to the black Maserati GranCabrio, the chauffeur opened the door of the car as she approached. "Hello, Uncle," she greeted the man sitting inside the car.

"Hello, Y/N. You look very beautiful," he smiled as he complimented her, crow's feet forming at the corner of his eyes. The car speeded off as she watched the hotel grow smaller until she could blot it out with her thumb. Her stomach was in knots as their destination neared. There was a formal party arranged by SM Entertainment, and her uncle was a co-host of the event. Despite her family background, Y/N wasn't the type to attend formal parties, but when her boyfriend, Jaehyun, had asked her to come since he would be there too, she had gladly agreed.

A red carpet marked the entrance to a beautifully decorated venue. Chandeliers hung from the white ceiling, and soft music graced the huge hall. All around her were men in tuxedos and women in beautiful evening gowns. She could also see caterers bustling about, and the only men and women not wearing formal attires were the photographers.

Her uncle excused himself as he went to meet the other hosts of the party. Y/N walked around to find a chair, or better yet, find her boyfriend. On her way she had seen the members of Red Velvet, some members of Super Junior and EXO, she had to resist the urge to run over and hug them. After all, she didn't want to make a spectacle of herself.

She saw a vacant table right next to the extensive dance floor. She shrugged her coat off, baring her shoulders, and hung it on the back of her chair. She smoothed out her gown before taking a seat. Her attire was handpicked by her mother since it was the first party she was willing to attend. It was a strapless Russian violet, with golden needlework on the bodice and hemline. Her (h/c) curls tumbled down her shoulders, and she had worn the delicate necklace, that Jaehyun had gifted her, to complete the look.

A caterer brought a flute of champagne to her but she declined and asked for water instead. She scanned her surroundings until she landed on a set of familiar eyes, which were staring back at her. The owner of the eyes grinned as they made eye contact, making dimples bloom in his cheeks. Y/N was grinning too, without realizing it. She wanted nothing more than to hold his face and kiss him, but she couldn't, not with all these cameras around. Although she was allowed to meet all the artists, she didn't want to take any chances. One wrong move and the cameras would catch it, and let's not overlook the exaggeration the media will provide. For now, she had to satisfy herself with the sight of him, all suited up and handsome.

The DJ, although she hadn't seen any, played a slow song. Couples walked to the dance floor and slowly started to sway to the music. Most of the couples were guests, very few of them were artists. Y/N bit her lip as she watched them dance. She wanted to dance too, but once again, she couldn't. She glanced at Jaehyun, who was also observing the dancers. Somewhere between the song Ten and Jaemin entered the floor and did a little couple dance of their own, with exaggerated movements. Then the two went back to their places, laughing.

A boy around her age had asked her to dance with him but she had politely declined the offer. The dinner had cuisines from many counties, but Y/N contented herself with some good old local cuisine. Soon, it was time for her to go. With one last glance at Jaehyun, she followed her uncle out. What a waste, she thought as she rode the elevator to the top floor of the hotel. If she had known that she wouldn't even be able to say a simple hello to him, she might not have gone. Or maybe she would have anyway?

The suite was a permanent residence for her, as her parents owned the hotel. Her room was spacious and very comfortable. She took off her heels at the foot of the bed before laying down. She would've fallen asleep there if it wasn't for the discomfort of the dress.

The bell rang making her groan. She got up anyway, gathered her hair over her left shoulder before she opened the door. Who is it at 12 in the morning? Jaehyun stood in front of her, his hands behind his back. She stared at him wide-eyed. "Can I come in?" He asked.

Y/N opened the door wider for him. He walked in with his hands in his pockets and sat on the edge of her bed. Y/N sat with him, neither of them speaking until Y/N couldn't take the silence, "did anyone see you coming here?"

"No, I wore a mask."

"Aren't the members going to find out that you're missing?"

"Johnny and Taeyong will cover for me." Y/N had almost forgotten that the two boys knew of their relationship. Jaehyun fished out his phone and stood up, Y/N looked at him with confusion written across her face. He still hadn't told her why he had come. Music started playing on his phone, he kept the device on the bed and extended his hand for Y/N. "May I have this dance?" The hopeful expression on his face was enough to melt her heart. She grinned and placed her hand in his.

Jaehyun kept his other hand on her waist and Y/N kept hers on his shoulder, and they started swaying lightly. "You look beautiful," he said, looking deeply into her eyes.

"Not too bad yourself." The two continued to move to the rhythm, lost in each other's eyes. Jaehyun placed Y/N's hand, which he was holding, on his shoulder and put his hand on her waist. The distance between them dwindled until their lips were centimetres apart. Y/N closed that distance to feel his soft lips on hers.

"I'm sorry," he said, breaking the kiss. "You wanted to dance at the party, didn't you?" She slipped her arms up around his neck.

"Yes. But this is better. I wouldn't have been able to kiss you there," she smiled. Jaehyun leaned in close to kiss her again, making the kiss deeper and deeper. His hands slowly moved up her back, Y/N could tell that he was hesitant. He tentatively placed his hands on her half exposed shoulder blades, causing her to give a little shiver. Jaehyun interpreted it as a sign of disapproval and quickly moved his hands away. "It's okay," she said against his lips. Jaehyun moved his hands across her shoulders and up her arms, feeling the warmth of her skin beneath his palms and fingers. Y/N fisted her hands in his hair as his tongue slipped into her mouth.

Jaehyun abruptly broke the kiss, "I think we should stop," he said, out of breath. "I wouldn't be able to stop if we take this any further." His words made Y/N redder than she already was. "I should go," he said apologetically.

"Sure," she smiled, "but you need to clean this first," she said rubbing his lower lip with her thumb to get the lipstick stain off. Jaehyun chuckled and went inside the bathroom to clean it.

After he left, Y/N changed and laid herself down on her bed, thinking about her night. A kiss and a formal dance with her boyfriend, what more could she want?

xxx

I don't know about you guys, but Jae seems like a shy person, who can be confident when needed. What do y'all think?