Trust

~a few days later~

It's been days since I first met Connor and Hank. They are really friendly towards me. I know that I'm a newbie and they understand that it takes a little longer to get used to stuff... especially if I somehow went to another dimension.

The lifestyle is bearable. The apartment that I live in is pretty spacious and has a guest room. I'm probably not going to invite anyone to sleep over, but I might need it later.

As I was about to head out for work again, a taxi car stopped in-front of my apartment. The windows rolled down and I saw Connor in there.

"Good morning, Lieutenant (L/N). I just stopped by to see if you wanted a ride to work." He said as he opened up the door for me to come in.

"Thanks, Connor." I smiled at him before he joined him in the car.

"Do you usually take a taxi to work?" He doesn't respond to me.

Did he run out of batteries?

I stare at him for a bit before he turns and faces me.

"(F/N), you were saying something?"

"Oh yeah, I was wondering if you always take the taxi to work."

"Not always. I usually take a ride with Hank, but he left without me today."

"That's odd. Do you think you know where he went?"

"No, I don't think so. I think he went to work early. He wrote me a note saying that he left because I was not focusing or that I was thinking about something so he didn't bother to wake me up and told me to take the taxi."

"Oh, I see."

The car halts. Connor rolls the windows down.

"This isn't the department..." he trailed off.

The car then opened the doors and Gavin goes in the car, squishing me and Connor really close. Our fingers touched. My heart started to go a little crazy.

Calm down, everything will be alright. You're just touching him. That's all.

"Excuse me, why are you in the taxi with us?" Connor asked

"Well, your stupid brain didn't realize that you had Carpool on so I decided to hop in, but I didn't know that (F/N) was joining you today." Gavin snickered. He turned his attention to me and touched my cheek. I was shocked that he did that and right before was able to react, Connor held my hand and pulled me towards him. His strong force made my head hand on his chest where I could hear his metal heart beating. It was beating... really fast. Hearing it made my heart beat even faster and my faced turned pink.

"Don't touch (F/N)," Conner said with a hint of anger in his tone.

"Don't tell me what to do, you plastic toy," Gavin responded

"Leave the car." Connor was getting angry by the second.

"You really want to play that game right? I'll play with you." Gavin pulled out his gun and pointed it at Connor's head. My eyes were wide open and I covered Connor with my body and took out my gun.

"If you hurt Connor, I'll shoot you," I said with confidence.

"Oh my god, a human being has fallen in love with a plastic robot? What has the world come to?" My Face is burning up right now because of Gavin's comment.

"Get the fuck out of here. NOW." I commanded

"Ok, Ok, I'll go." Gavin steps out of the car and looks at Connor.

"You're lucky, Connor. (F/N) was here. If she wasn't here, I would have shot you." Connor does not respond to the comment but stares at him as if he wanted to kill.

"Oh, and by the way. If you want to have some fun tonight, come join me at a bar after work, (F/N)"

"Fuck no." I flip him off and he slams the door.

I let out a sigh. From the corner of my eye, I see Connor staring at me. Then I remembered how my head rested on his chest. My face was hot again so I didn't dare to look at Connor or else I would explode.

"(F/N), are you ok? Your hands are shaking." Connor said, looking at me with worry.

"I'm fine, I just... got really pissed off. That's all." I replied, hiding my face so that Connor wouldn't see it.

"Gavin is such a prick. He never leaves anyone alone. He's going to definitely try touching you again. I should be with you at all times." Connor offered

I should be with you at all times... why did you have to say that?!?!? Gosh, he's so fucking hot.
"Oh, you don't have to do that. I can handle it mysel-" Connor stops my sentence and gets close to my face. My face is flustered again, but I can't hide it.

"(F/N), trust me." I nod since no words seem to come out. As he leans a little bit closer, the car stops again.

"You have arrived at your destination. Thank you for using Detroit Taxi."

Connor stops and gives me some space. He gets out of the car and holds his hand out to me. I take his hand and get myself out the car as well.

"Thanks, Connor."

"You're welcome."He smiles at me as he says it. Maybe life here isn't so bad after all.

A/N: I made this chapter longer for you guys to enjoy! A lot of people has been really supportive and I would like to thank all of you guys for doing so.