Chapter 44

**Taehyung's POV**

I sat in the booth at the bar with Jungkook, listening to their conversation. We were all having a good time, laughing at jokes and spending time together. I felt Jungkook's hand slide onto my thigh and just rest there from time to time, but I didn't mind. Jungkook took the last sip from his glass, setting it on the table. 

" Do you want us to get you more? " Jimin asked as he and everyone else had finished theirs as well. Jungkook leaned back into the booth and sighed. 

" No, I'm good. I want to be completely sober just in case something happens to my Taehyung. " He said, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me into his side. I watched as everyone gut up from the booth, leaving Jungkook and me alone. I stared at my lap, beginning to play with my fingers. 
" Are you okay? " He asked, noticing my behavior. 

" Am I holding you back? " I asked, not making eye contact. 

" What? No. " He said, turning so we were facing each other. I felt his hands resting on my shoulders. 

" I just think that since I'm so weak against you and all of the other vampires, you have to stop yourself from doing what you want because you have to protect me instead. " I said, keeping my head down. 

" Look at me. " He said. I hesitantly looked up to meet his gaze, calming down slightly when his fake brown eyes held a warm and soft look. 
" I care about you so much. If anything were to happen to you, I'd never forgive myself. I WANT to protect you. You aren't stopping me from doing anything. " He said, his voice full of sincerity. I sighed, nodding. 

" It's loud. " I mumbled, getting a slight headache from how noisy it was inside the bar. Jungkook somehow heard me over all of the noise. 

" Want to go outside? " He asked, not waiting for my answer before yanking me out of the booth. We made our way through the crowd of people, exiting the building. It was much quieter out here. We sat on the cold, concrete curb, away from the building. If Jungkook was human, he'd be freezing to death in what he was wearing. Just a black, short-sleeved shirt with jeans. I gazed at his face while he seemingly stared at nothing. I let my eyes lower down from his face to his shoulders and finally his chest. It wasn't moving so I'd assume he wasn't breathing. My gaze lowered more to his legs, one of them moving up and down from his foot tapping. 

" You know, I can tell that you're staring at me. " He said, his head turning to face me. I immediately turned away from him, my face feeling hot with embarrassment. 

" I'm sorry. " I said, covering my face with my hands. He turned me to face him, removing my hands. 

" Don't be. It's cute. " He said, flashing me a wide smile. I shyly smiled back, letting the atmosphere return to being calm. That didn't last very long as a group of people showed up in front of us. I felt Jungkook pull me up off the curb and shove me behind him. My hands clung to the back of his shirt as I peered over his shoulder. 

" What the fuck do you want. " Jungkook said in a very cold tone. I'm not used to hearing him speak like that anymore. Who are these people? 

" You already know. Who's this? I heard you had a pet and he smells exceptionally good. Let me see him. " The mysterious man said, beginning to walk towards me. 

" Touch him and I will fucking tear your head off. " Jungkook growled. I've never seen him act like this. I stayed silent, realizing that the situation was serious. 

" You've become feisty lately. I thought you didn't care about him? " The man said, an evil smirk plastered on his face. 

" Shut it. " Jungkook spat. 

" Oh, so you do care about him. " He said, glancing at me with a suspicious look. 

" I said to shut it! " Jungkook finally yelled. 

" Where's your respect for your creator? " The man said, not reacting at all to Jungkook. Creator...does that mean that this is the person who turned him? 

" The whole respect thing doesn't mean shit to me. " He replied. I could tell that Jungkook was about to go off. 

" Jungkook. " I whispered from behind him. The situation was starting to scare me. 

" I know what fucking games you play. Here's a promise. If any of you lay a single hand on him, I will kill you in the most brutal way possible. " Jungkook growled. He grabbed my hand, harshly dragging me towards the woods we came through to get here. I didn't say a word, trying to avoid angering him more. Instead of having me climb on his back, he lifted me with one hand hooked under my knees and the other on my back. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling the strong wind. He was running again. Before I knew it, we were back at his house. He pulled me through the large double doors, pushing me against the wall as soon as the doors closed. His lips pressed against mine, which I responded to without thought. 

" You are mine. " He mumbled in between kisses, causing my heart to race faster than it already was. 

" I won't let them hurt you. " He mumbled. He continued to kiss me fast and deeply, mumbling out the previous two phrases. Cold liquid soon fell onto my cheeks, but not from my eyes. 

" Jungkook. " I whispered, turning my head away from him so he couldn't reach my lips anymore. I could tell that he was trying not to cry. He rested his forehead on my shoulder, releasing a soft sob. 

" I'm sorry. " He said, more sobs following.

" Who were they? " I asked, wrapping my arms around his back. With that, he broke down and told me everything. From how they kidnapped him, everything they did to him, how he escaped and how they killed his younger sister. I ended up crying with him. I had no clue that he had been through so much. Now here we were, cuddled on the couch, both trying to calm down our cries. After we stopped crying, the room fell into silence.

" Taehyung, I don't know what to do. " He said, breaking the silence. 

" What do you mean? " I asked. 

" They're going to target you now. That's why I didn't want to let it spread that I had feelings for you. " He said,  a sad look in his eyes. 

" Why would they target me? " I asked. 

" They are idiots who are still insistent on getting me back. " Jungkook said.

" Is there a way to get away from them? " I asked. 

" Jin's has a friend. The one who turned him. He runs the only group that can compete with the cult that's after me. The only way I can think of is if we flee to another country where his group is the strongest branch. Then, we seek protection under them. " Jungkook explained. 

" Then, we plan to leave? " I asked, receiving a nod from Jungkook. 

" I'm sorry to drag you into this. " He said, kissing the side of my head. I smiled, nuzzling into his side. 

" I love you. " I mumbled into his side, knowing he'd be able to hear me. I heard him sigh. 

" I love you too, Taehyung. I promise that I'm going to find a way to get us out of this. " He said, tightening his hold on me. 

" There's no use sitting here and being all sad. Let's enjoy ourselves until we get the chance to leave. " I said, staring into his eyes that were red again. He smiled, agreeing to my statement. We both plan to make the most out of the time we have left in this city and house.