Chapter - 9

Notes:

Thank you so much to all of you. My story has reached number one in Wattpad in many genres.

All because of my readers. Thank you so much really.

-----------

WARNING - SOME DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AHEAD. Not really explicit but it is there.

+++++++++++++

Harry came out of the bathroom to see that Louis was on phone, talking to someone.

Louis was leaning against the windowsill, looking out at the fairground. He wore a black track pant and his upper body was bare. The humidity was forcing even omegas to wander around in minimal clothes and alphas were obviously feeling suffocated. Louis was sweating even when he wore nothing on his upper body.

Harry watched from the bathroom door, how the alpha's back glistened with sweat and that spine was gleaming under the inn's dim lights. Louis was nodding to something as he listened to the phone and Harry could see how his back muscles contorted. The track-pant was hanging low on his hip, revealing the dimples at his back. Harry looked away when Louis reached around to scratch his lower back.

Harry's face heated up as he turned away, going for his bag on the other side of the room. He pulled out a headband and pulled his curls back with it, tying them up in a bun on his head.

When he turned to face the bed, his eyes furrowed.

The floor had a pillow and the duvet. What?

"You take the bed. I will be fine on the floor," Harry looked up at Louis as he spoke, his phone call done, "it is really stifling here. I will be getting fidgety on the bed anyway."

Well, the thing was...

Harry knew, if Louis stayed on the bed beside him, he would not touch Harry in any wrong way but Harry could not say it out loud. He could not just ask the alpha to join him in bed. He was never good with words or expressing his feelings anyway.

So he nodded, going to the bed. As he lay down, he watched the alpha settling in. Harry pulled the spare cover over him because no matter how humid the weather was, he could not sleep without a cover.

"The lights on or off?" He asked Louis.

"Whatever you like," came the reply.

Harry turned off the lights. The moon was high in the sky anyway, washing the room with a soft glow. Harry could see it from the window just at the foot of his bed. He could hear the tides of the ocean. There was an owl somewhere outside their window, calling out time to time. Harry could hear the soft murmur of insects out in the shore and the jungle beyond it. Everything was foreign to him here. His eyes were wide open even after quite some time. His fingers fidgeted with the hem of the shirt he was wearing as he twisted and turned. The mattress was cold and hard under his back. Nothing was familiar here.

"What is it?"

Harry jumped when the alpha voiced his curiosity.

"I- I can't sleep," he whispered, his voice low and desperate. Harry heard with baited breath as Louis sighed. But nothing came as verbal answer. Harry crept closer to the edge and peered down to see that Louis was laying flat on his back and his eyes were open as he looked at Harry.