thirty-nine.

jimin folded his hands over the kitchen island. sinai had excused herself to go change out of her bikini, so he had been left alone to deal with the unexpected arrival of his parents.

"so... is she your girlfriend?" his mother asked, her eyes hiding a hint of excitement. jimin sighed.

"not yet," he pursed his lips, his cheeks turning slightly red.

this was one of the many reasons why he normally wouldn't tell his parents where he was going; if there was something the two loved was to know every single detail of his life. not that they particularly controlled it, jimin had been lucky there, but it was almost as if they were always fishing for news in their son's life.

"well, either way, you wouldn't introduce her to us anyway, you never do," his father's statement made him roll his eyes playfully. maybe his father didn't understand the fact that none of them had been serious enough for him to introduce to them.

"can i ask what you two are doing here?" he lifted his eyebrows slightly, not hiding the fact that he was somewhat displeased with their arrival.

"we thought we could surprise you for dinner, since you never come over," his mother lifted the bag of groceries. "we just didn't know you'd have  guests."

jimin sighed. it was true that he didn't spend any time with his parents, so it would be in their nature to come to him whenever they could. especially when they knew his location, since he had told them he would need the keys to the beach house for the weekend.

"you could have called though," he pouted cutely. his mother let out a snicker.

"if this is about what we saw, don't worry, me and your mother were once like that too," his father's words made jimin blush even more, feeling his ears burning.

meanwhile, sinai was, to put it lightly, freaking the fuck out.

in between all the clothes she had put in her bag, admittedly more than she needed, formal and impress-the-parents clothes weren't part of the package. wrapping the towel tighter around her body, she sat on the bed and sighed heavily.

now, besides having to endure the fact that the image of how they had met would still be fresh in his parents' minds, now she also had to deal with the nerves of actually meeting them. she had no idea of what they would think of her, and worse, the first impression wasn't that good to begin with.

deciding to simply give up on the whole impressing them ordeal, she chose a flowy white top and some high waisted jeans, pairing them with floral flats. that was as formal as it could get for her.

running her brush through her hair, trying to get rid of the tangles, she heard a faint knock on her door. clearing her throat, she put the brush down.

"come in," she spoke, her voice lower than usual.

jimin slowly walked through the door, peeking inside before actually coming in. his expression in doing so made sinai smile.

"there she is," he chuckled, closing the door behind him as he sat down on the bed next to her. eyeing the brush next to her lap, he pointed to it. "can i?"

sinai arched her eyebrows in confusion. "you want to brush my hair?"

"yeah," he shrugged, taking the brush and slowly running it through her locks. she instantly relaxed under his touch, her back turning to him as he pulled her to his lap.

"i'm sorry they just showed up like that," he muttered. "they'll only be staying for dinner though, so there's that."

sinai slowly nodded, leaning her back against his chest. "did i completely bomb it already?"