June 2018: Music

🎶 🎶 🎶

We are aware that most of you are writers. But being a writer doesn't mean one can't love music, does it?

So, for this month's #justwritebits challenge, we would like you to pick a favourite piece of music. Listen to it, and write a story with fictional characters around the song (or, if you prefer, around the composition—'cause we don't want to restrict you to songs/songtexts).

Everything clear? Choose a piece of music and write a fictional story with fictional characters—and your chosen piece of music must play an important role in it. Add the link to your music file to your story, so readers (and we) can listen to it!

And, because this might be too easy, please name your main character either Susan or Timothy, depending on their gender.

🎶 🎶 🎶

The rules, as usual:

— maximum word count: 1200 words

— Only new stories can be accepted — no prewritten ones, no fanfiction (this time)!

— deadline for submissions: Friday, 15th of June, midnight UTC (24.00 h Coordinated Universal Ttime)

— The best stories earn a place in the #JustWriteBits anthology.

— Your story must be in English. We apologise for not having other language capacities.

— Publish your work on your own profile, either as a new story or part of an existing collection of short stories. Only one single chapter, please, and don't forget to link your music piece.

— Please post the link to your work in the comments below so your story is easy to find! Check out your fellow writers' entries, it's worth it.

— And finally, fill out this submission form, please.

🎶 🎶 🎶

Happy writing and enjoy the music!