Chapter Twenty Six- Reaching An Understanding

JADES POINT OF VIEW

I held my son with one arm as I walked down the stairs and handed him off to Reina. I ain't think the lil dude would even make it out of the hospital he was so small and barely cried that much.

I ain't seen Ivory or Silas since we left the Dominican Republic five months ago but what could I expect I knew he was going to take her side over mine when she found out. I think about her everyday and wonder how the babies are doing, she should be about 7 months.

"Have you thought about what we talked about? Our son deserves both parents in his life and us living apart isn't working for me" Reina complained and I nodded and looked down at me hands covered in tattoos.

"I love my son a lot and you know I'd do anything for Tristan but that ain't gonna work, just because we got a baby don't mean I want you and you gotta except that" I told her honestly and she looked like she was about to cry.

I pulled Tristan from her arms and raised him up before bringing him down and kiss on his cheeks. The lil dude looked a lot like me except he was light skin so I couldn't deny him if I wanted to, I was raised to be a man and handle my shit no matter how much I didn't want to and my son ain't ask to be here.

"Stop crying Ma, I'm going to make sure y'all set for life, but you gotta move on and be happy for him. Regardless of the shit I've done to you our main priority is him right now" I tell her and she wiped her tears.

"Until that bitch gives birth and you start kissing her ass again" Reina said bitterly and I glared at her and shook my head.

"You need to stop calling her out her name she ain't never disrespect you like that and I love her and when she take me back he's going to be around her" I said with hope in my voice. I didn't even know where her head was at right now.

Silas had been doing all his work through O and avoided me all the time. He never showed up to the meetings and Don said they had a understanding with him.

I don't even think she'd be okay with being in the same room with me. I just wanted the chance to make things right because a piece of me was gone.

O walked into the house eating a apple and stopped when he saw Reina and mugged the hell out of her. She didn't even make eye contact with him she just took Tristan and left out of the house.

He plopped on the couch next to me and put his feet up before looking at me with a smile on his face and I looked at him weirdly.

"Asia gave birth last week she named her Rome, I also got news on your other baby mama" O said before taking another bite out of his apple. I sat up on the couch and looked at him excitedly.

"She miscarried one of the twins because of stress a couple months ago but congrats bruh you about to have a daughter, the first in our family since mama" O said laughing and I looked down at my feet upset.

Ivory didn't even tell me one of my babies ain't make it or the fact that she was having a girl. I can't deal with this shit I needed to know this kind of stuff, I wanted to be the one to protect her and be there for her and I couldn't do any of that shit.

"She's also due on December 22nd 2 months from now" O said and my eyes grew wide today was October 22nd Ivory's birthday.

I pulled out my phone and called Silas six times until he finally picked up. I heard yawning in the background and then whispering.

"What do you need? I need to get this girl out my crib before Ivory notice and kill me" Silas said annoyed.

"Text me your address I wanna make things right and talk to her, you know see how she's doing" I said being serious.