Chapter Three: Past Mistakes

A/n: I hope that you like this new chapter! A big change from the original will occur here. I hope you do like that change!

 I hope you do like that change!

Harry stirred in his sleep. He's once again dreaming about the green light and the strange, hooded man who was looking at him many years ago. He remembered getting hit by the light but the light stopped consuming his energy and hit his attacker back again as the whole house crumbled while he lose consciousness. Of course, he screamed in pain when he felt his head aching badly. Harry's eyes opened after he had been awakened by the sound of violent rain pouring at the sky that night after Severus was allowed to take Harry home. He felt tears flow down his cheeks. 

The memory of the last time his mother was alive hurt him so much. 

Upon looking back at Harry to check on him, Severus swore that he would interrogate Dudley Dursley again by the next day to ask him the truth about what had happened to Harry in their school. Severus Snape does hate Muggles but living in a Muggle Village in London, changed him a lot. He developed Muggle mannerisms and interests. Also, being an acting father to a child made him soften up a bit.

Severus liked watching the movies in cinemas after spending his time outside the Wizarding World for ten years. He bought a television for them to watch when he's not in Hogwarts. He gave Harry video games and other toys fit for a baby boy before, too. They even played Muggle Sports sometimes to keep Harry fit and strong. As a potions professor in Hogwarts, he taught his adopted son the basics of Potions earlier than his students to get him ready for the time he goes to Hogwarts. For the Muggles, the child and the father had been enjoying doing chemistry at home.

As time pass by, he truly became a loving father to Harry Potter and in return, the child loved him so much. He completely betrayed the Death Eaters when they tried kidnapping Harry as a child and all because of it, he did regret that he was once a Death Eater. To him, he could have protected Lily if he was only a member of the Order of the Phoenix in the very first place and made them escape before Voldemort could have gotten them. If only he knew that telling him about the prophecy would bring harm to Lily, he could have not done it.

He only left as a Death Eater at the time he knew that Lily's family is in danger and begged Dumbledore to save them. He hated Dumbledore for not doing anything but he did hate himself more for being a Death Eater. It's a secret he wished his adopted son would never know.