Chapter 10

Taehyung's POV

"Why're you not eating?" Hoseok asks, staring at my plate that still had my stale bread on it. "Not hungry." I couldn't help my thoughts that were swirling around in my mind. 'There's something about that Yoongi guy and I just don't understand it.'

"You know...Jimin took me out earlier." Hoseok whispers, looking down at his cup of water that was sitting in his hands.

"Oh." I wasn't sure what to say, I didn't want to know if he was hurt by him since it was too much to take. I didn't want Hoseok to be hurt, I had finally warmed up to him enough to call him my friend. My only sense of euphoric.

The jiggling of some keys could be heard at the top of the stairs before a click. We both sat silently while footsteps saunter down towards our cages. My eyes squint, trying my best to catch sight of the predator entering my closed space.

My heartbeats quicken.

"Yoongi?"

"I'm here to clean and change your bandage." He unlocks my cage, shutting it behind him. "Come here." He demands, dropping the box furthest away from where Hoseok and I's cages meet.

I glance at Hoseok who appears to be having a hard time controlling his nerves as he glares at Yoongi. With wobbly steps, I get up and walk towards him. "Sit." I obey, sitting crisscrossed in front of him while he opens up his first aid box.

"I have no idea how I'm gonna tell Namjoon about this." He mutters, unwrapping my bandage.

Namjoon's POV

I take my shades off, rubbing at my tired eyes. I was currently writing up our new attack plans that we will be using soon against a rivalry gang.

My mind however, wasn't in the correct head space as it would keep falling back to the scrawny little kid in the basement. I groan, rubbing my face. 'I already have one but now I'm stuck with two!'

I still hadn't figured out what to do with Hoseok since his parents refuse to pay the ransom. I was growing frustrated at the Jung family. 'Tch! So much for a family friendly business when they wouldn't even pay for their son's safe return...maybe I could sell him off? But he isn't a virgin so I wouldn't get as much as I will for that kid....oh well, death is still on the plate but I can't help but think it's a bit of a waste after kidnapping and keeping him for so long. I should at least get something out of all the trouble we've had, having him.'

"Jin!" I call out for the brunette man who took his time to stagger into my office. "You called?"

"Have those people got back to you yet?" I raise one brow, wanting to know if my offer for Taehyung has finally been checked through.

"They said that the next auction wouldn't be until a month time. So we're stuck with him till then but yes, everything should be finalised today." I lean back in my chair with a smirk, "excellent. You're dismissed." The elder man bows before walking out the room, closing the door over with a light click.

'I guess I should probably decide what punishment to finally give him since he screwed over my previous plans, forcing me to change my scheme into getting the boy I actually want.'

An idea comes to play as I get up from my chair. I make my way gracefully down towards the basement door. With steady hands, I unlock the door carefully to make sure I don't create a sound. My feet lightly patter against the wooden steps, inching my way down to the bottom.

I grimace at the sight I see in front of me. That Taehyung kid was pressed up against his cage right next to Hoseok's, where the two boys try what best they can to snuggle into one another.

'Disgusting!' I thought while searching around for the device I need. My lips curve upwards when I spot it, sauntering over to it with a small cackle. 'Lets see how long you can cope with this.'

I turn the disc on, making sure it was blasting loudly through all the speakers that surrounds the room before running as quickly as I could to the basement door, switching the lights off and slamming the door shut in the process.

Taehyung's POV

I was instantly wakened by the sound of a door slamming. I jolt forward but couldn't see a thing.

"Hyung?" I frantically cry out, petrified when I hear noises coming from all ends of the room.

'Is that a little girl laughing?!' I bring my knees up to my chest, covering my ears as the sound echoes. I couldn't take the high pitch laughing, the wails, the usually innocent lullabies that now sounded like torture.

"Taehyung!" I jump at the sound of my name. I whirl around, trying to find Hoseok through the darkness. I suddenly feel a hand grab my knee, causing me to squeal. "P-PLEASE! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!!" I sob, expecting a small psychotic girl to answer me back.

Instead, I found the voice to be a lot more manlier. "Tae relax, it's only me." Hoseok spoke softly.

I huddle closer to the cage, gripping onto what feels like Hoseok's tattered sleeve. "What is this?" I sniffle out, confused by the constant noise that was erupting throughout the entire basement.

"It's one of their punishments." Hoseok states, his hand holding onto the front of my jumper now. "Why would they do this?" I mumble, tears still falling as I listen to the horrific sounds. 'It feels like I'm in a horror movie.'

"They like to mentally abusing you along with physical abuse."

"What even is it? Is there really a little girl in here too?" I ask stupidly. My naive, innocent side coming out.

"Don't be silly, it's obviously a recording." Hoseok answers. The fact alone made me relax slightly but I still couldn't help the fact that the noise was torturing my ears. 'How long can I last listening to this?'