Chapter 29

PASSION

We just used the small glass table at the living room as our dining table for tonight. I just removed everything on top and as he placed a clean red cloth on it. He was the one who served it casually and I can't help but be so amazed on his cooking skills.

The steak looks amazing and it smells alluringly.

It is really so attracting to see a man wearing an apron but it is more attractive if he is not wearing anything at all but an apron. Shit. What am I thinking?

Caius also turns the fire on and since its colder tonight than before, it wasn't really bothering. I sat down curling my legs behind me and since it's already dark outside, the fire is kinda illuminating the whole place causing it to me more romantic.

I gulped at the things that is coming into my mind right now as I fight so hard to trash them out.

Caius poured my glass some red wine and I know how much he loves his wine when we are eating dinner.

"Caius, be honest with me...why are you doing this?" I answered bluntly. "You don't do these kinds of stuff?"

I heard him sigh deeply then drops his fork so he could drink his own red wine before answering me. "Is there a problem?"

"N-no, it's just...it caught me by surprise." I replied, softly.

Caius let out a husky chuckle then smirks at me. "I just want to make my wife feel comfortable and have a wonderful night."

Shit, what's with those sugarcoated words?

"Tell me. Did you do something bad that I might get angry once I found out?" I directly stated, narrowing my eyes.

But he just laughed at me. "Should I always have a reason if I want to cook for my wife and have her all to myself?"

"Damn it, Caius. I'm serious!" I nearly slam my palm on the table.

"And so am I." Now his eyes darkens, all of the cheerfulness in his face earlier was gone, uncomic expression. "So stop questioning me when I do something like this because even I do know how to answer you."

I reddened at his words, and as he continued on eating.

I was drinking my red wine and my eye fixed on him.

And now, no one is here to interrupt us causing me to get even more nervous.

Like he was planning something.

"Please, stop being suspicious that I have a motive or something, Shanaya. I'm not that evil to play with your emotions." Caius tenderly stated, which he kinda caught me by surprise.

Please

The way he said that word means so sincere and true. I really hate myself for thinking that he is planning something but my heart is telling me to believe him. To give him a chance just for tonight.

"S-sorry...I'm just not that used to get this from you." I replied, raising my hand in defeat. "Thank you for the wonderful dinner, Caius. It really is amazing." Now, I proceed in eating the steak he made for us.

"Good, because starting from now, I want you to be truly honest with me. Tell me everything that you want, anything you need, and anything you like. I don't want you to be insecure and hold back towards me. Can I count on that?" He glances at me with those piercing eyes.