Rwby Vol.2 Part 5

--Your POV--

You were on the verge of sleeping until Yang start talking to Blake.

Yang:Blake,are you awake? | Blake:Yea. | Yang:Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like...what was he trying to say? | Blake:Maybe he was just curious. | Yang:Ya think? | Blake:...No | Yang:*sigh* Weiss? Are you awake? | Weiss:Of course I'm awake! You two are talking. And I think he...when I said I wanted to honor my family's name,I meant it,but,it's not what you think. I'm not stupid,I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control,our business has operated in a...moral gray area. | Blake:That's putting it lightly. | Weiss:Which is why I feel the need to make things right! If I had taken a job in Atlas,it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name,and I refuse to let him be the end of it.

Blake:All my life,I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner...named Adam. More of a mentor,actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place,but of course,his idea of a perfect future turned out to be...not perfect for everyone. I joined the Academy because I knew Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good,but I never really though past that. When I leave the Academy...what will I--? How can I undo so many years of hate? | Yang:I'm sure you'll figure it out...You're not one to back down from a challenge,Blake. | Blake:But I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a faunus,I didn't know what to do,so I ran. When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster,I ran! Even my semblance! I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself,and empty copy that takes the hit while I run away.

Yang:What about you Jack? | Jack:I really dont have anything depressing about my past. | Yang:Hm...How about you Y/n? | You:Umm...not really anything interesting about my past too. | Yang:Uh,well at least you two have something that drives you. (she says to Weiss and Blake) I've just kinda always gone with the flow,you know? And that's fine,I mean,that's who I am,but how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a Huntress...not really because I wanna be a hero,but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring,and that'll be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby,she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said,ever since she was a kid,she dreamt about being the heroes in the books,helping people and saving the day,and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight,she knew that what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today. | Weiss:Well,she's just a kid. | You:She's only two years younger for you guys,nonetheless...we're all kids. | Yang:Well...not anymore. I mean,look where we are! In the middle of a war zone and armed to the teeth? | Jack:It's the life we chose | Weiss:It's a job. We all have this romanticized vision of being a Huntress,but at the end of the day...it's a job to protect the people,and whatever we want will have to come second.

After that,we went silent and went back to sleep,until you heard Ruby call to Yang for her turn to watch,you heard footsteps nearing you.

Ruby:Y/n? Do you mind if I sleep with you? | You:No,it's ok,come here.

You lift one of your arms and Ruby lays down,with her head on your chest,and hugged her close.

Ruby:Thanks,Y/n. I feel safer around you. | You:Me too,Petals.

You and Ruby were resting peacefully,until Zwei wakes up and goes somewhere.

--Ruby's POV--

I was happily sleeping with Y/n until I woke up by Zwei standing up.

Me:Zwei,It's late. Go back to bed. (Yawn)