Chapter 29

I apologize for the late update. I was on vacation last week and did some self TLC. I also apologize ahead of time that updates may be late because sadly I'm in a writing slump. :(

Last Updated. April 25, 2019

Not Edited.

ALENA

Hehehehe Daddy shhhhhh quiet!

The voice of a little girl enters my consciousness.

Daddy don't wake her.

It'll ruin the surprise.

Two voices trail behind.

I pry my eyes open, curious to what was happening. As soon as I open my eyes they exclaim "SURPRISE MOMMYYY!"

In front of me are my three angels, smiling beautiful. Together they hold up a food tray with a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. "Ahhhh thank you baby."

They reply with giggles. As the kids come closer to give the food, I hear a male voice by the window saying "They wanted to make you breakfast in bed sweetheart."

Before I could see the owner of the voice, he draws the curtains open inviting in the early morning sun. He turns to face me and says "A beautiful start to a beautiful day. Now eat up baby you have to keep healthy, there are two of you now." With him standing against the sunlight, I couldn't make out who he was. The more I strained to see his face, his image slowly drifted further and further away.

Then, I open my eyes. Disoriented, I look around trying to figure out where I was. My room.  I look at myself and realize I didn't change out of last night's outfit. 

What was that? I ask as myself as earlier's images drift in and out of my mind.

A dream?  Perhaps.

... keep healthy there are two of you now ... The words resurface from my mind.

The birds chirp outside hinting that indeed it would be a beautiful day, like in my dream.

What does that mean? And who was that man?

I try to remember why I was still had on yesterday's outfit. Then it hit me, my talk with Leo last night. How I broke down in front of him.

Urghhhh why Alena? I say frustrated that I should him weakness. I run my hand through my hair, wanting to slap myself on the face. But before I could castigate myself any further I realize something, that it is quiet. Quiet? Too quiet.

I quickly grab my phone to check the time. 8:45 AM.

I spring from my bed and head to the hallway. "Lei? Lucca? Laila?"