Fact #57 Again with the zombies?

In Wolverine and The X-men, Emma Frost was supposed to come back in season two, before it was cancelled. Here is exactly what was said:

LUCAS: How was Emma Frost's return going to happen?

JOSH: Wait, wait, wait, who said Emma was coming back? :-)

Man, this was actually one of the coolest ideas that we had during development... okay I guess I'll give you this one. HUGE SPOILER AHEAD that doesn't matter anymore.

The thought was that just as Emma shattered and released the Phoenix Force into the aether, she was able to reach out and implant her consciousness on Jean. Through the beginning of the second season episodes, we were seeding some very subtle hints about this-showing a few of Emma's mannerisms, memories, and knowledge seeping out into Jean's thoughts and actions. Ultimately we planned to show Jean realizing what had happened, but deciding to keep Emma repressed-imprisoned essentially-in her mind, until some critical moment when Jean would finally realize the need for Emma and help to revive her. We were also planning to homage the memorable scene from the comics of Beast rebuilding Emma's shattered diamond form.

LUCAS: Also, would we have seen Cyclops start a relationship with Emma? If so, how would Jean take it?

JOSH: This was actually still a bit up in the air when we closed down shop. Part of the plan for Cyclops's arc in the present day was to start to return him to the way that he used to be-a hero and a born leader-now that Jean is safely back on the team. We were even going to introduce a new costume for him, putting him back in the blue and yellow as he shed the black and grey of his mourning. We'd designed that costume as well as a Yellow and Blue look for Jean, both inspired by the Jim Lee era of X-Men comics, some of my favorite costumes for them. The Jean one in particular was one of my favorites that we'd ever done.

But part of Cyclops was of course going to be pining for Emma, and Jean (being a psychic and, you know, a somewhat observant gal) would certainly pick up on this. And it would likely play into the timing and manner of Emma's return.