Chapter-22

Adi,

After attending the Vikram's Bday party I went straight to the place where my friends were staying. I tired but I couldn't forget Dipika's anger, I knew I will be at the receiving end when she invited no rather commanded me for a small dialogue . She led and I followed, we walked through glass double doors as she led me to the hotel area. Walking into the resturant,   she gestured me to sit taking the chair opposite to me. She smiled once at  Rolli in her arms who demanded attention of her aunt. She placed a small peck on her head and adjusted the baby in her lap, holding her protectively. 

" What made Raksha cry?'' She shot as soon as we were seated

''Why don't you ask her?''

''I am asking you and you better reply.'' Her voice came stern

''She is responsible for those tears of hers not me.''

''You are the reason for the tears directly or indirectly. So you better be bothered about it.'' She replied. My temper started rising . Why is she pointing fingers just at me  and not at her sister in law. 

''Your sister in law tried to compromise my respect , she wanted to blackmail me into the relationship. And that to with the help of my mother.''

''Bingo! So its your mother who is actually the brain behind it , then why are you making Raksha cry?  Rather than blaming her why can't you just sit and discuss, hear her out.''

''Do you know what your dear Raksha tried to do, she tried to break me from my friends. She blamed me for having affair with ANjali.''

''Did you try to sought it out with her? Did you even sit for a day and explained  your relationship to her? She had face a betrayal  in past, she is scared to trust and when she tried you just pushed her away.'' I was about to reply when she raised her palm, ''I am not done yet.  For once just step into her shoes, unlike you and Veer she had been bought up in a protective environment, awarded limited freedom. How do you expect her to be like you ? Yes she is gullible, but you claimed to be in love with her, couldn't you endure little patience to understand her. No, instead you purposely bought Anjali and Anika here to hurt her.''

''Don't drag Anjali into this.'' I warned. ''How would you feel if someone drags your relationship ...'' her palm went up

'' I did not drag Anjali, you did. '' She leaned back with a smirk on her face, she smiled once at Rolli and then lifted her eyes at me, ''Love! I seriously doubt your feelings about Raksha.'' I wanted to hit back but she dismissed me leaving the table, before we could exit she turned, ''One advice for you, ask your mother to refrain giving any kind of advice to Raksha. I really don't want bhai to get involved in the matter.'' Her eyes stayed fixed on me, she was threatening me. I didn't feel bad because she cared for Raksha. Turning my eyes away I just nodded, my mother too was at fault. I will have to talk to her. If Ranvijay gets involved, things could just get out of hands.

When I took my leave from Veer, Dipika's expression clearly displayed displeasure. She didn't like that I touched the kids.  That's obvious, after all she is Raksha's family

***

''What are you thinking Adi?'' My thoughts were broken by Anjali's voice. Taking a deep breath, I turned to face her taking my expressions in control. ''Was making a list about the places you guys should be visiting. I have arranged a car, he will take you around Jaipur  and near by places. James, my dearies are on you.'' He smiled and pulled Anjali in a crushing hug, ''As you say boss.''

Anjali kept her eyes on me, ''Its okay if you don't want to share, don't look for excuses'' I couldn't answer that. She walked off when an excited Anika called her out. What should say? That my mother is using me for some reason. But its high time I confront her.