11 ~ the burrow

'Y/N, there you are.'

You looked up from your book. You had been studying in the library for a while now. You tried to distract yourself every second of the day. Just to get Draco out of your head. The second you weren't busy, he just popped up. His eyes, His hair.. His smile.. that damn smile. Ron was standing in front of you with Lavender clenched to his side.

'Yes, here I am. What's up?' You asked him.

Ron sat down opposite off you. Lavender looked at him and quickly sat down as well. You couldn't believe that Ron didn't hate this. She was like gum underneath your shoe or on your hair. Impossible to get rid of.. or like a plague. Even worse. 

You glanced past Ron and saw Draco coming in with a book you had never seen before. He looked at you for a moment and you looked back at Ron. He was leaving.. Even worse, he chose to sit down at a table near you three. Your stomach turned and your cheeks shot red. You hated this.

'Are you coming to our house upcoming holiday?'

You looked at him in surprise.

'Me? I mean, sure.. I was planning on staying here, but that sounds like more fun.' You smiled.

Ron smiled. He seemed to be happy that you were coming. Probably because Harry was uncomfortable around him and Lavender and because Hermione hated his guts right now.

'Great! I'll let my mum now.' Ron smiled.

'Ronnie.. why am I not invited?' Lavender asked.

You were actually relieved that she wasn't coming to the burrow. You wouldn't want to see Lavender and Ron make out and stuff. Maybe because you couldn't get what they had.. or maybe because it reminded you of Pansy and Draco.

'I'm sorry.. My dad wouldn't want it. But I'm sure you can meet them at the station.' Ron smiled.

'That sounds wonderful.' Lavender smiled before kissing him.

It seemed to take ages. You actually felt uncomfortable. You looked away from them towards Draco. When he saw how awkward you were, he actually grinned at you. You smiled back shortly and then looked back at them. They finally parted.

'Great. I'll see you later then.'

The two got up and walked away. You sighed and looked back at your book. You leaned your head on your arm that was leaning on your elbow on the table. You weren't focused at all. You knew Draco was there. You came here to find distraction from him.

Before you knew it you heard the chair infront of you move back again. You looked up expecting Harry or Hermione.. but it's Draco. You looked at him a little surprised, trying to hold back everything. The blushing, the smiles.. You were a mess.

'What do you want?' You asked him.

'Well, I expected you to be a bit more friendly.' He grinned.

'Why would I be friendly to you? Just because you helped me once and chose my side once doesn't mean I like you.'

It actually did mean you liked him. A lot.. like.. You liked liked him.. a lot.

'I thought we were kinda being okay to each other?'

You crossed your arms and sat back. You smiled a little.

'Are we?' You asked him. 'I recall that you recently hexed my broom. Yeah, we're being really okay.'

'That wasn't me.' Draco said.

Aaaaand he was lying again. You thought that was over..  wait.. what if that time he said that you didn't look that bad in a towel was also a lie? Or that he chose your side that he was just tricking you.. or you were just seeing ghosts.

'Of course not.' You sighed.

You closed your book and looked at him.

'Do you actually want to say something useful, or can I go before I start believing your lies?' You asked him.

'Don't go to the burrow.'

You looked at him. He heard the conversation.. He was just eavesdropping!

'You've decided to come in, eavesdrop on the conversation is was having, rudely interuppted my study session, lied to me and now you're saying this?' You asked him.

'Listen, I'm sorry, but you have to trust me. Don't go.'

'Why would I trust you?'

'Y/L It's very important that you do.'

Confused was an understatement. Was he trying to help you?

'Why shouldn't I go?' You asked him.

Draco was quiet for a while. As if he was trying to come up with something. You didn't like this at all.

'Hogwarts is much more fun anyways.'

'Is that your reason?' You asked him while raising your brows.

'Please don't make this difficult.' Draco sighed.

'It's as if you don't want to tell me. Is something going to happen?' You asked him.

'No. You should just stay here.'

Draco couldn't believe he was even doing this. He had no clear reason to help you. He actually cared.

'Why do you want me to stay here so badly? If nothing is going to happen then I'd rather spend my holiday with my friends and not alone in this castle.'

'Y/N, trust me.'

Y/N? Did he just.. no way. He just called you Y/N. Not even Y/L. Now, you were even more confused. 

'Did you just-'

'That's how serious I am.'

'You're not giving me a reason to believe you.'

'Isn't trust in humanity enough?' Draco asked.

You snorted. You had trust in humanity, just not in Draco. That's how simple this was. Trust in humanity had nothing to do with this.

'I have trust in humanity. I just don't trust Draco Malfoy.' You said.

You grabbed your book and got up. You wanted to walk away. He grabbed your wrist. You froze in place, your heart started to beat faster and you tried to stop yourself from getting red. You turned back.

'Don't tell me that I didn't warn you.' He hissed before letting you go.

You looked at him for another second before walking away.

-

'So he told you that you shouldn't go?' Hermione asked you.

You just told her what Draco said to you. You were kinda confused and doubting if you should go to the burrow. He seemed to be sure serious.

'Yeah.. He even used my first name. He was very serious.'

'If he couldn't give you a reason, then you shouldn't believe him. He might just be tricking you to stay so that Pansy can annoy you.'

That did sound like something Draco should do. You didn't know what to believe or what to do.

'Besides I need you there.' Hermione continued. 'You can use some time away from here as well.'

You knew she was right. Draco didn't give you much to work with and she made some great points. You could use some time away from the castle.

'I'll go with you.' You smiled. 'You're right..  why would I even believe Draco? All he did was lie until now.'

'Exactly! It's going to be great!' She smiled.

'You do realise that you'll have to talk to Ron there, right?'

Hermione just nodded and didn't answer. She was having a hard time as well. It did bring you and Hermione closer to each other. You weren't the best of friends before but now you talked a lot more and you actually enjoyed spending time together.

At least you had your mind made up. You wanted to go to the burrow..