27. Who Are You

너 누구 니?

누구 ?

It was like in a movie.

A scenery set in the late 90s. The main characters dressed in outworn denim and low self-esteem as their lives were surrounded with a sequence of the same thing going on and on, like a record on repeat.

And for a while, it seems like nothing ever happens. There is always nothing.

But then there is something.

A plot twist that was seen differently by a hundred pairs of eyes and where, for a brief moment, there is something so unexpected, shifting the whole scenery and the flow of the movie with the ending being either good or bad – a choice you were able to make.

The only difference is that this certainly wasn't a movie. There was no endings to choose from.

And you were left with only one thing happening, which was Hoseok standing right in front of June and Jimin.

God knows for how long he must've been there before he actually opened the door and walked in. But the thought was quickly forgotten as Hoseok's footseps stopped echoing, his right hand firmly holding the strap of the black backpack.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked, acting as if his eyes hadn't seen anything, but a surprised expression on his face soon betrayed him.

Distanced from each other and caught in the act, Jimin and June bowed their heads in embarassment.

Though Hoseok continued to walk until he came to a stop right in front of his best friend.

Angry and completely embittered, he ignored Jimin's sullen face, ready to pin him with whatever thought there was roaming through his head. Hoseok's short tempered nature was quietly boiling within him, but Jimin knew him long enough to see it peek through his faux but rather calm attitude.

''Hyung not here.'' Conscious of June standing right next to him, Jimin tried to divert Hoseok's anger far away from her.

"Why not here?" The doe-eyed boy started cynically, leaving the backpack on the floor before he dragged a couple of harsh steps forward: forcing Jimin to take a few steps back. "You chose to kiss her here, where there was an obvious chance that you would get caught and you know that!"

Then he paused, as if a big lump suddenly made an appearance in his throat. "But I'm glad it was me the one who caught you, and not her."

''Hyung, this has nothing to do with Bo.''

''It doesn't?'' A laugh escaped Hoseok's lips. ''As far as I know you two were still dating not even twenty four hours ago and now you've already moved onto your second choice?''

Even though it was meant with good intentions, Hoseok's words were bitter and stiff, almost wiping away June's entire existence.

''Don't talk about her like that.'' Jimin stood in front of her, almost as if guarding her petite being while she was fidgeting in between the deep rumbles of growing tension through both of the boys' chest.

Though she stayed silent.

Realizing that she won't do any good by butting in, her body shifted behind Jimin's figure.

While the boys, still ruled by the anger burning in their eyes, kept staring at each other, June knew that nothing she says will be taken positively by either one of them.

''June has nothing to do with any of this. None of this is her fault.''

''Sure it's not'', Hoseok confirmed with a nod. ''Because it's all yours.''

After yet another cackle of disapointment, Hoseok dragged out a sigh. ''Where is your head these days Jimin?''

An eery pause.

''Who are you?''

Jimin's voice was pleading. ''Hyung-''

''You're my best friend,'' Hoseok cut Jimin off, ''my brother, and yet you're doing this to my sister.''

The air was filled with thick, foggy silence in which Hoseok and Jimin simply stared at one another.

And Jimin waited. He waited for a slap, a kick with a leg or a blow right below his eye, because anything would be better than the words that were about to hit him whole.

''We were supposed to be in here practising, but I see you have more important things to do,'' Hoseok spit out, his voice laced with sarcasm, ''would you like me to come back when everyone else has arrived? Give you your privacy?''

With her eyes downcast, June stood still, her lip trembling with the effort it took not to cry. But when Jimin opened his mouth to speak, no words came out and Hoseok let out an ironic laugh at the sight in front of him.

''This isn't the Jimin I know, and it's not the Jimin I want to remain friends with.'' Hoseok muttered before turning on his heel with a heavy sigh rolling off his lips.

Before he got a chance to leave the studio, Jimin tried to stop him, a crack in his voice escaping. ''Hyung, wait!''

To his surprise, Hoseok stopped reluctantly - now waiting for a good reason that'll make him stay.

But no good reasons have been said - just the words of regret coming out from Jimin whose being seemed so small and timid compared to the amount of guilt hiding within him. ''I'm sorry.''

And Hoseok stayed.

For a second.

Only to shake his head and slam the door shut behind him.