Prologue

A/N: Many thanks to its_just_a_lovestory for her AMAZING art cover! I'm really moved and grateful! <3 

Warning: mention of an ATTEMPTED RAPE. Sorry about that, guys. This will be the only time it happens, but it plays a big part in the development of the story, so yeah >-<

"What should we do next, Darren?" purred the first voice.

"I don't know, Nate. Are you hungry?" replied the second voice, in an equally sickeningly sweet tone. 

"A bit, yes."

"I'll go make some pancakes."

"You're the best, Darr."

Kyle looked at his friends, who seemed to be in a world of their own. Sure, they were nice to him but somehow, since they had started high school, Nate and Darren's friendship was turning into something more and Kyle had to bear the sight of his two best friends whispering sweet nothings to each other in the park or the crowded hallways of the school. 

Though they hadn't yet confirmed it to anyone, not even to Kyle, rumors were that they were going out. It didn't make them any less popular, and some girls from the pack started calling them "the hottest couple ever."

Way to sexualize people.

"Darren makes the best pancakes. Don't you think, Kyle?" Nate attempted, in a kind voice.

"Mmh" was Kyle's flat reply.

Nate sighed, but Kyle didn't care to elaborate. These days, when he was around the two lovebirds, he felt so lonely he was afraid his words would turn into sobs. That's why he remained silent most of the times, becoming a less and less wanted third presence. 

They were even doing their eye-fucking in the bedroom, when the three of them were supposed to be playing video games, for God's sake! 

Knowing his son's quick temper, Kyle's mother had advised him to try to make new friends and join social activities, but Kyle didn't listen. It was Nate, Darren and Kyle, and no one else. It has always been like that.

Three months later, Kyle's mum was killed by a hunter and, as Kyle never knew his father, he  was adopted by his uncle, a dark and seemingly emotionless warrior. The latter started training Kyle to become a warrior and from that point, Kyle would see less and less of his friends. Even when the three of them were together, it was not as it used to be. Kyle had changed. He was resentful, lunatic and sometimes cruel. Kyle could see his friends were slowly giving up on him, but he could not bring himself to open up and confide to them. 

Of course, they were going to leave him. Who would stay with a teen wolf who had anger issues? Moreover, they were an established couple now. Nate and Darren. How sweet. But it's only after that one particular night that Kyle became the most feared and hated kid at school. Highschool was almost over and there had been a big party at Sam's house....

"Kyle? Ease up, man. You're SO wasted. You should go home".

"Where are Nate and Darren?"

"They're upstairs. I think you should leave them alone, man. Go home, drink some water, sleep tight and tomorrow you'll be ready to rise and shine".

There was sympathy in Luc's voice. He was not blind and he could clearly see the deep hurt in his friend's eyes, even if Kyle was already getting better and better at the whole macho act. Can't be bothered by something as trivial as feelings, right? 

"What are they doing upstairs?"

"What do you think they are doing? Playing dominoes? Go home, big boy. Let them be".

But there was no way in hell Kyle was going home like a good little boy when the other two were having the time of their lives. Without him. He quickly climbed up the stairs, feeling a bit dipsy as he almost failed backward twice. My asshole of an uncle was right. I should never mix the pills he gives me with alcohol. I just wanted to have fun for once, and forget about everything...

He opened the bedroom's door, only to find out Nate stark naked on the bed, his cheeks flushed and seemingly drunk. Darren was nowhere to be seen and Nate looked so appetizing, with his slender frame and shiny eyes.

See, at that time, Nate was the smallest of the three. He was a late bloomer, which was why he always lost in their friendly wrestling competitions.

"What are you doing here, Kyle?" he asked, looking both confused and embarrassed.

"Where's Darren?" Kyle asked back, with a cold voice.

"He went to buy some... erhm, that's actually none of your business. Can you please leave? We're kinda busy".

Nate was now blushing furiously and looked far too tempting. Without giving it a single thought, Kyle had his best friend pinned on the bed, while his hand roamed dangerously closed to his crotch. At this point, Nate started screaming but Kyle didn't hear him. Neither did he hear Darren, who jumped on him and threw him across the room, breaking a few bones.

It was only the next morning, that the realization finally hit: he had attempted to rape Nate and had not Darren been back in time, he would have succeeded.

Broken bones could never atone for what he had done. 

After that, of course, friendship was out of the question. Kyle decided he no longer needed friends or indeed a semblant of affection and started training harder.

 It was a lonely life. When he was not training, he was either eating or sleeping. It was for the best, though: Kyle's body had started slowly changing through puberty and he could not allow someone to find out about his condition. It was ok to be alone. He was more than fine. 

A/N: So, in the end I decided to publish edited chapters one after the others. Sorry for being so slow. Hope you'll enjoy this "new" version. Thanks for sticking up with me for so long <3 Have a nice week