T W E N T Y | Disappointment

{Gif of Neel}

Song: Say Amen (Saturday Night)

Artist (s): Panic! At the Disco

Love the life you live. Live the life you love.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

"You do know that practically everyone thinks you're a gang leader?" I asked Neel on our way back from the beach. 

"Of-course they do." Neel rolled his eyes. I never did believe that rumour. One time I over-heard someone tell their friends that Neel spent 30 days in worship and had holy water regularly which is why he's so hot.

"Dude, this could work in your favour. Anytime someone bothers you just pretend you're taking out a gun" Julian laughed. The sun had set a while ago and the roads were only dimly lit as we travelled back, which was Neel was more concentrated on the road rather than the conversation.

"I have a question" Neel finally spoke up.

"Go on" Julius answered from the backseats leaning forward.

"Not for you, dumbass" Neel sighed before flicking his eyes over to mine and then back on the road. Neel opened his mouth to ask me whatever it was that he wanted to ask but then quickly closed his mouth, his eyes scanning Julian and Julius who were both staring at us intensely. 

"Later" Neel mumbled. Julian and Julius let out a groan muttering something about Neel being no fun. Neel ignored them and instead stared at me. Just as I was about to tell him to keep his eyes on the road, something flashed in-front of the car.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." Neel yelled his hands gripping onto the steering wheel. Neel pulled at the steering wheel to control the car as it skid across the road but it was too late. When Neel realised that everything was now out of his control his hand left the steering wheel and fell against me instead to hold me back just as the air bag broke free. It all happened so fast that I didn't even realise we had crashed until we had completely stopped.

Once the car stopped spinning we all sat in silence not understanding what just happened. That was until the carbon monoxide began filling the car restricting out breathing. As if everything had come back to us we all jumped out the car violently coughing. Everyone except Neel. 

"Neel! Get out of the fucking car!" Julian yelled still coughing. I peeked inside the car and watched Neel violently kick his door that wouldn't budge so instead he gave up and jumped out the passenger seat door. He walked outside taking deep breaths sitting down and I followed his movements feeling the dizziness hit me. 

"Is everyone okay?" Neel asked scanning us. Julian and Julius did a few stretches and concluded that they're fine. Their eyes turned to me.

"I'm fine. Just a whiplash." My entire neck, left arm, ankle and hip were hurting but I'm not complaining. It could have been much worse. The car was a complete wreck and was now stranded in the middle of the road covering both the lanes. I scanned the area and saw that a wall further down the road and broken and realised we had done that. Which also meant that  despite it feeling like the accident lasted a few seconds, the car hadn't stopped spinning for a good minute to have gotten this far. 

"Neel, you're bleeding" I stood up running to Neel holding up his wrist to see it scratched up, bleeding and bruised. 

"I'm fine." Neel got up but let out a low groan, rubbing his chest slightly.